ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Cheeky Little Track MX-5

ph1 track weapon
Seen as this is taking on a bit more advanced state now I thought I'd pop a thread up.

Owned this little thing 18 months now.

Started like this:
IMG_0179.jpg

A lovely innocent standard spec import Eunos 1.6 with 85k miles on the clock. Rust free (and still is to this day)

So after the following we're here
ape5asy7.jpg

So the spec we have so far is as follows:

Gaz Gold Pro coilovers - setup and geo by Wheels in Motion
IL Motorsport bushes all round
OZ Superleggera in a custom finish, Toyo R1-Rs all round
TR Lane TD rollbar in lime green
Torsen 4.1 diff

All the interior and anything not needed has come out, and either sold or binned.

I have more to fit:
Composite '7 Style' bucket seat
4 point Willans harness
Odyssey PC680 with cage

But.............as anyone whos had an mx5 will know, its only a matter of time before the short nose engines lunch themselves by knackering the crank pulley/woodruffe key. Today mine did this, thankfully whilst at work.

Luckily I bagged myself a 50k miles long nose engine a while back, so this is going in, combined with a 6 speed gearbox and lightened flywheel to make a fairly spritely little car. Future plans include ITBs, but for now need to get it running with the new setup and build up some track miles!

​Comments and criticism welcome

George@RTR_Parts

ClioSport Trader
  need BRAKES? PM me
Love it great little cars these, mariner blue is good colour choice too.

If you haven't already I'd be tempted for a sticker plate or to get the brackets from jass to locate the reg plate right at the bottom of the front bumper in centre.