ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Cheep film to protect bumper on trackdays

TrackCar & F30 330d
I did my first trackday at a wet airfield a month or two ago. My bumper picked up loads of chips from a stupidly fast GT2 going past me and pulling in right after he went past.

Basically is there any film that you can buy that i can quickly put on for the trackday?

Cheers :D

?
Simular to this?

seat_ibiza2.jpg

titanium ph1
is that accually going to stop stone chips?? lol

also, like sum1 else said,
get a bumper bra,
its what theyre made for lol

ive removed it from porsches a couple times an the bumper was spotless underneath so i guess it works,an its cheap unlike a bumper bra!

TrackCar & F30 330d
Cheers guys. I think i'l buy that stuff off demon-tweeks.
I'm off on a road trip with 3 mate in june, off round europe and the ring, so i'l probably put it on for that too :)

Struggler

ClioSport Club Member
  Ph1 track 172
wtf!!! lol why do peeps do this lmfao, could understand a decent car like 100 grands worth but not a 5 grand car !! A way to stop stone chips is stop racing scoobys and type r's, works wonders

people buy them because its a fractions of the cost of front end paintjob,
a 5grand car will still have the value slashed if its overly worn at the front,
plus make it look like it drives very fast, aka ragged, and put people even more off it,

and nobody will want buy it,

for track days, these are a good idea, lots of stones get throw around,

though i will agree, they do look fuuuuglyyyy

172 exclusive & 306 gti6
people buy them because its a fractions of the cost of front end paintjob,
a 5grand car will still have the value slashed if its overly worn at the front,
plus make it look like it drives very fast, aka ragged, and put people even more off it,

and nobody will want buy it,

for track days, these are a good idea, lots of stones get throw around,

though i will agree, they do look fuuuuglyyyy
i know what your sayin but round my way they is a few golfs kickin around with them on lol , makes me feel sick every time i se them:dead:

That demon tweeks folia tec stuff is very cheap. I was looking at getting a pro 'sticky back plastic' job done on my front bumper, yeah about £250 ! I passed on it.

BIFCAIDS

ClioSport Club Member
  340i M-Sport & 182
wtf!!! lol why do peeps do this lmfao, could understand a decent car like 100 grands worth but not a 5 grand car !! A way to stop stone chips is stop racing scoobys and type r's, works wonders

i can see were your coming from but you cant possibly say its down to racing tosspots, my cars just be repeared and 2 nights ago a golf over took a car on the other side of the road kicked big stones up and wrecked my "new" bonnet 2 dints and about 12 big chips windscreens full of chips from it as well