ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Cheers Mike and Ross for these!!!

Half stripped mk2 172
After about 4 hours of working and chatting we got this result in my car. I would like to thank Mike and Ross for these, top blokes!!! Cheers peeps.

Vince

Attachments

• DSC00001.JPG
    DSC00001.JPG
    103.8 KB · Views: 141
  • DSC00002.JPG
    DSC00002.JPG
    97.3 KB · Views: 133
  • DSC00003.JPG
    DSC00003.JPG
    103.6 KB · Views: 162
  Half stripped mk2 172
M1TCH said:
can you see over the steering wheel though?? ;)

Yeah just about mate, wheels, am thinking of getting some buddy club p1 at the mo, but open to suggestions as well.

Vince

Half stripped mk2 172
rmccardal said:
Good meeting you. Remember to check those bolts are kept at 45nm ;)

Just torqued them again mate, they were a bit over at 47!!!!:D

Buddy club are a jap wheel manufacturer, nice wheels and good prices mitch.

Vince

Looks good vince.

I wish I could have had them.

I may be getting one in the near future. Are they as bas as Ali^^ makes out?

Megane R26
Looking good Vince. Bet the sprint is even louder now :)

Be good to see you at the Bluey meet (you better bloddy come :p )

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
MarkM said:
Looks good vince.

I wish I could have had them.

I may be getting one in the near future. Are they as bas as Ali^^ makes out?

LOL. I'm bein a girl. for racing i'm used to it...Couldn't have it on the road tho.

Half stripped mk2 172
Right for the info of some peeps, yes they are Loony's old seats.

Cheers Simon for cuttinf the side sills for me, have got something from yr car now!!!! You know what I mean now!!!:D

After driving 1hr30mins from Milton Keynes to gatwick i can honestly say that these seats are comfy, no strain or pain whatsoever. They are nice and low, only thing i have to change is the bloody harnesses cos since i dont like fords, I dont know how or why but at the back of the buckle there is ford written on it, so not good!!!

As for the back, i havent decided yet, but i think i will be fitting a false floor, but might go for the proper race car and just strip the back.

Vince

lol, and the air ducts ;) did Mike actually do some graft or mince about with cups of tea? ;) It was - f**king 4 degrees when i took them out of mine on the driveway lol.

Good to see them staying in the club, awesome seats and i'd have another set in a heartbeat.

Half stripped mk2 172
Hehe, the air ducts were a bit in the way, but the stanley blade came in handy!!!!

Worth the wait as well, Mike wasnt moaning at all cos we was indoors, ross got us some tea as well, overall it was fun!

Vince

I'm surprised he didnt just swap them over or was the decision made to just pull the carpet back and chop them rather than piss about having the centre console out and swapping them.

Half stripped mk2 172
well he did saythat we need to take the console out, but my patience is sometimes very limited so, just lifted the carpet and chopped them off!!:D

Whats with the ford on the damn harnesses? Do you know anything about that? Its really pissing me off now that I know about it, looks like its from a Fiesta!!! But I am on the case now, gonna change them to sabelt of something like that, cant stick that badge on my car!!LOL

Vince

f**k knows. I never even noticed to tell you the truth. Must just be who TRS source their belt buckle from on that model of harness.

Half stripped mk2 172
It is a very small one but as you said it might be that trs source their bucles from ford, wouldnt be surprised to see it on other makes tbh, cos ford are cheap to buy parts from.

Anyway still quite happy with them!!!

Vince

Half stripped mk2 172
Hehe, so you know about that as well, yeah reversed it into my garage but that is as far as i went, dunno if i would manage proper parking, will see tomorrow at work!! LOL

Vince

E91 M Sport
Haha, loony you b*tch :eek: ;)

Cheers for the good company Vince, when you decide you want the momo wheel you know where to find me :rasp:

I can't believe you and the buckles...you never know, they might be from a Ford GT!

lawrence

ClioSport Club Member
  is non-existent
very nice vince, got them in the end hey, nice to see the car going through in stages, whats the vision like?

loony how come you got rid?

Clio 172 01 & MK1 Golf
Nice!:cool:

But I don´t like the way the seatbelts are mounted, the rear mountingpoint should in my opinion be placed at a higher level so you don't get an injured back if you crash the car.

lawrence said:
very nice vince, got them in the end hey, nice to see the car going through in stages, whats the vision like?

loony how come you got rid?

Number of reasons really. was finding it increasingly a pain in the ass only being able to carry one passenger. Women dont really fit very well into them due to their hips and im back at the gym again now and the "wings" were quite snug on my soulders as it was due to me being broad shouldered. I'd have another set in a shot but would have to be GT width to accomodate women in the passenger seat and my shoulders in the drivers side lol