ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Chinese Water Fountian in Car

Clio1.2 16v & LR Defender
Hi, :)

When it rains and go around a cornor I hear water trickiling and sloshing about. As of yet I havent seen or felt any water but what could it be? It actually sounds really nice, lol but it may cause a bigger problem.

I do have a sunroof for the note.

Cheers
Evoss

Ph1 Williams No: 112
Does it to me in my Mk1 sometimes after heavy rain... Just means its sitting inbetween the roof and the headliner i suppose! but i get drenched after a few corners.

Story time:
Was a nice sunny day after a crap day of rain, went to college in a smart outfit and the roof started leaking on my side only.. not just drops but a waterfall!.. ended up getting out of the car and looking like i had bathed in my clothes.

Does it to me in my Mk1 sometimes after heavy rain... Just means its sitting inbetween the roof and the headliner i suppose! but i get drenched after a few corners.

Story time:
Was a nice sunny day after a crap day of rain, went to college in a smart outfit and the roof started leaking on my side only.. not just drops but a waterfall!.. ended up getting out of the car and looking like i had bathed in my clothes.

Lol, s**t ill ahve a look :p

Is this when you get water sitting all around the edge of the sunroof if you look at the roof of the car ? glugs when going fast ?

How can I sort it ? :rasp:

Yeah mine glugs too :p If they are blocked, how do you unblock them and where are they?

A picture would be nice :)

AMV8, Mk1 Golf
i used to get this in my ph1 i traced it to water getting caught up in the sills as i drove along

I know this sounds daft but it wouldn't be the petrol sloshing about in your petrol tank would it? Only suggesting it because I can really hear mine doing it since I removed the rear seats out of mine.

AMV8, Mk1 Golf
I know this sounds daft but it wouldn't be the petrol sloshing about in your petrol tank would it? Only suggesting it because I can really hear mine doing it since I removed the rear seats out of mine.

the tanks are baffled so it shouldnt slosh about as such

Clio mk1 facelift model
I have posted previously in the forums about this problem also. I have had this problem with my mk1 and my mate has this problem with a mk2. We have sorted both of these ( i say we but my dad as he is a mechanic).

It is the sealer in the sunroof that lets the water in and then it gets caught under the roof lining and in the light in the middle of the car. When you go around the corner you disturb the build up of water and then sometimes it leeks through the centre lights. It can cause for the car to immobilise if you dont get it sorted (if it has an immobiliser like some of the mk1's).

We solved the problem on both of these by taking the seal out that was in there (which wasnt sealed in or stuck in in anyway and we use silicon seal to seal the seal back in. By doing this the sunroof can still be used and the leek and build up of water has now gone.

Hope this helps.

alien green rs133
i have seen a renault hold 20+ litres of water in the sill :S drilled tiny hole and it was draining for 6 hours :D

alien green rs133
f**king hell, didn't realise there would be enough room to hold that much. Bet that car felt a tad nippier afterwards. Less weight etc.

was weirdest thing i have seen with water tbh

water also smelt of eggs :dead:

was funny you drove into workshop and stopped then as water sloshed about car rocked :D

Ph1 Williams No: 112
I have water marks on my headlining.. just another way of telling. Also when its freezing temperatures you can hear the ice breaking as you drive about lol... was quite un-nerving at first.