ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Chipping a clio 16v

ExigeV6|Q5|DS3|Fiat

Interesting question - i wanna know this as well cos i wouldnt mind getting it done

does anybody else have problems with there 16 valve backfiring and sparking from there exhaust when letting off the accelorater at high revs, i have fitted a stainless exhaust, induction kit and a de cat pipe. Would a chip alter the mixture and sort this out

Skoda Fabia vRS

i doubt it, dont you think it sounds cool ?

hill power chips are good, ive got one on my RT

Quote: Originally posted by James Swift on 04 November 2002

does anybody else have problems with there 16 valve backfiring and sparking from there exhaust when letting off the accelorater at high revs, i have fitted a stainless exhaust, induction kit and a de cat pipe. Would a chip alter the mixture and sort this out
yes, it probably would..

it certainly sounds like you are running lean.. get it sorted asap...

Nicks chip maps are excellent, and should sort your problem out...

Have fun....;)

same thing..

they are both re-maps... just the modus operandi that is different..

the term chipping usually refers to physical removal of the eprom chip (erasable (or electronically) programable read only memory) and replacing it with another that has been re-written in the appropriate way.

Re Mapping is a term that means EXACTLY the same result, but is accomlished (usually) via a diagnostic port to a special version of the eprom chip that contains flash ram (a memory chip that can be easily written to and altered using a laptop computer or similar and a serial link.

Audi S3

ah rite think i got u! so the way they do it at hillpower can u tell its been changed by looking at it!

looking at the HP site looks like ive nearly got all for what consists as a stage 1 apart form the modified chip thingy. any idea how much this bit would cost and any idea how much power would be gained??

Matt

for the accurate figures you would need to talk to Nick m8.

can they tell its been changed ???.

not a hope in hell, cos they NEVER look...

you would have to strip the ecu to tell, and that aint gonna happen however much anecdotal evidence some may come up with...;)

coolspot007007

ClioSport Club Member
  Seat Leon Cupra

I got mine chipped at Hill Power best mod you can get for the money. I dont know whether its increased the power much but drivability is much improved.