ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

CHIPPING YOUR ENGINE

Black Clio 182

i have just brought a chip for my engine and i was wondering if its worth fitting. i dont want to fit it and then it messes up my car or something like that.

what do you all think about it?

[Edited by Pauldredge on 24 May 2004 at 11:20am]

Black Clio 182

got it off ebay, its a cheap one so i dunno if it will work so thats why im not sure about putting it on. its a performance chip, supposed to add about 5+ bhp. doubt it will do anything though. looks perfetic to me but i dunno.

500bhp Scoob

does it have 2 pins/legs coming off of it?

if so youve bought a resistor that u can buy in most electronic shops for a few pence.

all it does is confuse the ECU into running richer because of it thinking its colder air.

Black Clio 182

i got it for 55p lol. its like a bit of thin wire with a little chip on it. the chip is sorta around shape.

BMW e46 320 Ci Sport

mate, dont do it. 55p :eek:. You shoudl b look at £250 plus. it will do more harm than good.

There is no such thing as a one-size-fits-all chip for *any* car. If you want to get a car chipped you need to get it put on a rolling road and have the ECU professionally remapped by some dude with a laptop/etc. All cars are unqiue, even two of the same age/model/spec/mileage and all require unqiue settings to get the best from them. A strap-on chip could be way out for *your* motor as the chip maker can only base the new fuel & timing values as an average across all possible circumstances :)

OOOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHHH sh*t this thread is tooooo funny :rofl:

Cant believe someone brought one!

Chips cost like £200+

The ones on ebay claim like 20bhp. If thats true ill take 5!

Come on Paul asked a question no need to have a go at him he didnt know.

If you want to get awquard this mod does work on some cars and make real power.

KDF

Audi TT Stronic

Okay, if you fit this it will trick you engine into thinking that the air is cooler than it infact is, which will make it add more fuel, which in turn will make you engine run rich and probably damage it badly !

Renault Laguna Coupe

Quote: Originally posted by Pauldredge on 25 May 2004

ok i got done lol. :oops:
We all make mistakes with mods mate - yours cost 55p which is cheaper than most! Bin it and move on! Youre not the first and you wont be the last :)