ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Choices to fit TFT screen

I need some inspiration where to fit a 7.5"TFT screen in a MK1 172.

Any ideas welcome - easy, not so easy and funking difficult.

Thnx

But how? To me it looks like the choices are;

ashtray area
over the little screen for the radio/clock
over the air blowers
the passenger sun visor thingy
Are there any pre-fabricated holders etc to make the job easier, Im a bit lazy sometimes!!

Thnx

I have the same options for my MKII 172, I am going to mount it over the air blowers on a removable bracket. Out of sight and the perfect viewing angle for front and rear passengers IMHO.

That is well done to be fair but I would want to see the temp display.

I will post some pics up of mine when I get it mounted.

Looks good.

I think in front of the gear stick is looking favorite for me at the moment. I need to wait till the scrren arrives to get an exact feeling for the size and viewing angle etc.

Padso

ClioSport Club Member
  Merc

Thats was a 7" wide screen i had fitted there on top of the dash. To be honest if you wanted to fit a 7" sized screen into the bottle holders youll have to remove if froms its casing as its deceptively small there.

The box under the glovebox is an AV selector for choosing between the Xbox, DVD player and Cameras.