ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

chopping the aerial?

i know this may sound really dumb, but i was just wondering what effect chopping the standard aerial down and applying the little end cap bak on once desired height is chopped down, would have on the radio signal....will it just not work, or will it work still just possibly not in as many areas?
cheers jak...

standard aerial height jus luks s**t...

Clio 1.9 Si DTi
i know this may sound really dumb, but i was just wondering what effect chopping the standard aerial down and applying the little end cap bak on once desired height is chopped down, would have on the radio signal....will it just not work, or will it work still just possibly not in as many areas?
cheers jak...

standard aerial height jus luks s**t...

Why not just go to scrappy and get the smaller ariel off of a megane etc....thats what i did.

172 exclusive & 306 gti6
my clio and my pug have huge aerials lol, they look like remote control cars :S

Cut mine down, Looked a lot better. Signal slightly weaker but only really listen to CD's so doesnt bother me.

Got a CTR aerial on now, Think i prefered my standard cut down more. Might stick it back on in summer.

Clio 172
I've got a small aerial, send me your big aerial and il send you my little'n in the post :rasp:

in reply........cutting it will fcuk it up!!

no it doesn't

I took a hacksaw to mine and cut it clean in half. Sealed up the end again and its been spot on for nearly 2 years. I listen to the radio a lot, and its never dropped reception.

You'll be fine cutting it in half mate.

inferno6.jpg

inferno7.jpg