ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Chose LCD - Now Best Choice?

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
Ok, I'm going to opt for a 40" LCD Television over a 42" Plasma. Heard good things and bad, but to be honest more good than bad. Does anyone have any good websites which review LCD TVs, or does anyone have any opinions on the Samsung and Sony models? I realise Sony are more expensive, especially the Bravia style screens, but are Samsung decent enough? I've browsed for around 20 mins so far (limited internet time at work ;)) and have found these...

Samsung LE40R74BDX
http://www.dealtime.co.uk/xPO-Samsung_LE40R74BDX

Sony KDL40V2000
http://www.dealtime.co.uk/xPO-Sony_KDL_40V2000

We have around £1600 to spend at the moment, so any other options and opinions would be great :D

Thanks guys.

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
So is the Samsung a good choice even though its up to £400+ cheaper than the Sony etc? There MUST be something amiss about it?

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
Going to opt for Plasma now I reckon! lol. Just read bad things about 37"+ LCD screens, especially for what I want :)

Clio 182 Black gold
You should try out what tv/plasma mag and avfroums will give u loads of reviews by owners them selfs which often show up the faults or niggles u wouldnt get in mag reviews

182 Sport
Yeah it was avforums that brought up the niggles with the LCD etc. I'll be using it for television, gaming and general sports etc. Would like an LCD but for 42"+ think I'll stick with plasma for a while yet. :) Probably change my mind in another hour though. Hehe.

Dont know what the best plasma is now though, apparently Panasonic are top of the pops according to a few review based sites I've been on. There's also a nice 43" Pioneer. Gonna be a difficult choice I reckon.

Check out the price savings etc at www.richersounds.com
£2000 off one of them!

KDF

Audi TT Stronic
LCD's suck, the only advantage they have is running cooler and no burn in..

Plasma is the way forward, or maybe a hybrid technology of the two.

tbh both technologys are shite
ask kdf says we need one that combines the best of both but that will not be till sed and some such thing makes it to market

imho id by a good set but dont spend alot of money on it as in 2 years you will want rid