ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Chris's A3 Sportback

Fiesta ST-3
After 7 years of owning clios I fancied a change, picked this up about a month ago.

14943982902_c07d81419c_z.jpg

iPhone Pic of the Audi by chriscummins7, on Flickr

Got it for a good price, from a decent garage in harrogate. Previously owned for 3 or 4 years by a middle aged female doctor and with full audi dealer service history (Full history was a must for me with DSG).

It's a 'sport' spec, so a bit more bland than the s-line but I like that. It's subtle! I'll no doubt end up changing the wheels at some point, but having just opened my own business it's not a priority right now. Not to mention I've had it a month and I've driven it nowhere other than too and from my gym!

It's got a decent spec list, in the colour/bodystyle I wanted (the picture doesn't show it very well, but it's lava grey). Only thing it doesn't have which I would've liked is bose, heated leather or cruise control, but it's not a problem. It has the upgraded symphony audio apparently, which I think sounds bloody brilliant... would love to hear the bose! Panoramic sunroof and some other bits and bobs.

Oh, and it has this:

14944331335_7747348409_z.jpg

Engine bay shot by chriscummins7, on Flickr

It surprised me how quick it actually is on the test drive. Such effortless power! Not to mention the noise, which sounds very good in comparison with my decatted k-tec system from the clio... actual engine noise! And the quattro system will really come in handy too because I live out in the sticks!

No decent photos yet, as tbh it's pretty boring to look at. I quite like that though, sleeperish!

I know it won't be to everyones tastes, but I wanted something a bit more refined and comfortable as I don't really get the chance to hoon around back roads anymore so I had stopped enjoying the clio for what it was good at but still wanted something with a bit of grunt. This seems so far like the ideal compromise!

Cheers,
Chris.

Ben

ClioSport Club Member
Love the noise of that engine! Like you say mate its subtle, could be a 2.0tdi waft mobile to Mr Bloggs.

Scrooge

ClioSport Moderator
  E55 AMG
Awesome sounding engine, will be very unsuspecting in that A3. Nice purchase.

Fiesta ST-3
Yeah, as Al said it's the 250bhp lump from the MKV R32. Lower tax bracket too being pre 06!

Thanks guys, the noise really is superb!!

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member
Nice one mate. Can't beat a bit of quality. I am slightly jealous of you having the proper engine..:eek:

leedsboy

ClioSport Club Member
  Bean 182 + E70 X5
Any reason, other than the noise, for getting the 3.2 over 2.0TFSI or 2.0TDI?

Nice car never the less, makes me miss my A3.

Fiesta ST-3
Nice one mate. Can't beat a bit of quality. I am slightly jealous of you having the proper engine..:eek:

Thanks mate! Yours is the sensible option though... especially if planning on modifying!

Edit - Not to mention yours comes with the choice mods already done. Love your wheels!!

Any reason, other than the noise, for getting the 3.2 over 2.0TFSI or 2.0TDI?

Nice car never the less, makes me miss my A3.

No need for a diesel as I'm only travelling 6 miles per day. Only more to worry about!! I would've had either the 2.0 T or the 3.2, was more concerned with getting one with the right price/history and this one came up first.

leedsboy

ClioSport Club Member
  Bean 182 + E70 X5
No need for a diesel as I'm only travelling 6 miles per day. Only more to worry about!! I would've had either the 2.0 T or the 3.2, was more concerned with getting one with the right price/history and this one came up first.

Fair play, makes sense. The TFSI is so much more tuneable but can never replicate the sound that you get with the 3.2.

If you ever need it scanning for fault codes, give me a shout as I still have VCDS :approve:

leedsboy

ClioSport Club Member
  Bean 182 + E70 X5
SE's, Sport's and S Line's are all on different springs. From memory;

Standard/SE Springs are the standard height
Sport is 15mm lower than this
S Line is 10mm lower than Sport

Fiesta ST-3
SE's, Sport's and S Line's are all on different springs. From memory;

Standard/SE Springs are the standard height
Sport is 15mm lower than this
S Line is 10mm lower than Sport

As was my understanding! Although I've never been in an S-line so I couldn't say.

My sport however doesn't feel crashy/bouncy as the s-line is often described.

leedsboy

ClioSport Club Member
  Bean 182 + E70 X5
I've been in both and there's not enough in it to worry about really.

Mines a Sport but on AP coilovers which are much better than any of the standard suspension.