ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Chromecast/pc monitor/bluetooth speaker

Danith

ClioSport Club Member
  MX5 ND2/220 Trophy
Was going to buy myself a decent BT speaker for when I'm in the garage/man cave, the JBL flip 5 was the one I'd wanted.

Now my wife's been given a decent pc monitor that she doesn't want to use, by her work. So I was thinking I could have it in the garage and have a chromecast so I could cast YT and football etc to it. But how would I be able to play sound through the external speaker?

Jack!

ClioSport Club Member
Does the monitor have an aux out or maybe an optical out?

Doesn't a Chromecast also have audio outs? So you can HDMI into the monitor and then connect speaker(s) to the Chromecast?

If you want wireless, I'm pretty sure a Chromecast can cast to any audio devices with Google/Chromecast built in, or get a Chromecast audio and set them up as "repeaters".

CrippsCorner

ClioSport Club Member
  Astra VXR
Yes I have Chromecast on my TV, which has an Onkyo sound system attached. Especially great with Spotify & Nest mini - Just tell it to play whatever and out it comes with great sound 😚