ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Chromecast/pc monitor/bluetooth speaker

Danith

ClioSport Club Member
  VRS 230 & Ep3
Was going to buy myself a decent BT speaker for when I'm in the garage/man cave, the JBL flip 5 was the one I'd wanted.

Now my wife's been given a decent pc monitor that she doesn't want to use, by her work. So I was thinking I could have it in the garage and have a chromecast so I could cast YT and football etc to it. But how would I be able to play sound through the external speaker?

Jack!

ClioSport Club Member
Does the monitor have an aux out or maybe an optical out?

Doesn't a Chromecast also have audio outs? So you can HDMI into the monitor and then connect speaker(s) to the Chromecast?

If you want wireless, I'm pretty sure a Chromecast can cast to any audio devices with Google/Chromecast built in, or get a Chromecast audio and set them up as "repeaters".

CrippsCorner

ClioSport Club Member
  Mini Cooper S
Yes I have Chromecast on my TV, which has an Onkyo sound system attached. Especially great with Spotify & Nest mini - Just tell it to play whatever and out it comes with great sound 😚