ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Chuffed with my 197

Clio 197
Evening all.

Just picked up my 2008 197 this evening and I'm chuffed to bits with it already. I need to have a proper look through it tomorrow in the daylight to try to see exactly which extra's it has (bluetooth in stereo? etc) as I was probably a bit too eager while I was looking at it in the garage so I'm not sure of the exact spec, but so far so good.

It's red one, just on the 17's so is fairly understated to look at, but it has pretty much as much gas as my last car with much better fuel economy.

I think I just managed to escape my old RX8 before the engine completely died (I'm fairly sure it was losing compression which is catastrophic for a rotary engine), saw the clio and knew it had to be done!

Might do a couple of bits and pieces to it, but more discreet aesthetic things more than engine / performance mods. Any suggestions on this front more than welcome, but it might be on a budget for a little while as I've rinsed the savings with this bad lad!

See you all around and about.

Italian 3.2 V6
Nice, get pics up ASAP and welcome!

Bloody hell, what mpg did u get in the RX8!? The 197's are shocking unfortunately (average 25mpg). But glad you are happy with it.

H&R springs + speedline wheels + wheel spacers = job done, win win!

Also, the forum 197.net might come in handy for you too!

Clio 197
I'll get some pics up ASAP. The rx8 did about 16mpg no matter how you drove it. Good fun but not a lot of go until about 6000rpm, then the fun began!

I've been out on some B roads today and I'm really impressed with the grip in the Clio :) living in Northumberland has its bonuses after all!

Mr Burns

ClioSport Club Member
  Swift Sport
You'll love the 197 over the RX-8, you're one of the few people who'll be happy with the MPG too. Maybe lower it and some aftermarket wheels as PSJ said, not a great variety of mods really, they don't need much.

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
Nice, get pics up ASAP and welcome!

Bloody hell, what mpg did u get in the RX8!? The 197's are shocking unfortunately (average 25mpg). But glad you are happy with it.

H&R springs + speedline wheels + wheel spacers = job done, win win!

Also, the forum 197.net might come in handy for you too!

Really?

My last two average 30, what does yours average?

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
You drove yours like it was stolen, so thats a given ;)

Seriously lowest i've seen mine is 28 in my old gearboxed 197

Clio 197
I could live with 25mpg to be honest! Still a step up. 30mpg and I'll be over the moon :) Am I the only person here who bought one of these for the economy? Couldn't live with a diesel and like a bit of grunt when I need / want it. I'd be interested in lowering it definitely, but can't visualise what 30mm lower would look like? Any pic's or directions to pics?

Mr Burns

ClioSport Club Member
  Swift Sport
You had to ask didn't you lol.

4681926024_451c824d9f_z.jpg

_DSC3341 by SteBurns, on Flickr

4681928994_207f4c9594_z.jpg

_DSC3342 by SteBurns, on Flickr

4681932154_c935e8933e_z.jpg

_DSC3356 by SteBurns, on Flickr

H&R coilovers.

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
^should never have sold it

Here was my old one,

DSC04429.jpg

DSC04414.jpg

DSC04432.jpg

DSC04410.jpg

On H&R coilovers

Strangely dont have any decent ones of my current Cup

Last edited:

rs 1an

South East - Essex
ClioSport Area Rep
hi mate these cars are well good fun to own, my ur was showing 26 so i booted it:race: to north weald and back and it went up to 27 see more welly more mpg what more can you ask for, mind this forum it bites

Italian 3.2 V6
:rolleyes: g@s, just going off what other owners have said on here . Plus that's what my two pals get from there's!

Clio 197
So that's decided then, I'm definitely going to get it lowered a bit! It completely changes the look of the car - much more aggressive.

I sort of don't want to upload the pic I took today on this thread anymore!

photo-1.jpg