ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

chuffed with the little clio yet again

ibiza cupra
went to santa pod for the weekend and managed to get a 14.9 and that was with a bit of a spin off the line so i recon that i could do better :)
just thought id share that with you lol.

ibiza cupra
na, de cat, straight through system, piper cross panel filter and a remap pluss some strippage out of the back.
when it was standard it did a 15.5, then when i did a few of the bits it did a 15.0 on a freezing cold feb night.
hoping to go again at the end of october for the night racing like in feb and get the most out of the cold night air lol.

ITB BG 182
Think i might look at going to 'da pod' this month, have never taken my car up the strip. Knowing me i will be a tit an wheel spin it for 5 seconds.

ibiza cupra
im in wilnecote mate, not been here very long so dont really know my way round lol. only moved here because of work.

john182rs, you should do it mate, its great fun.
dont expect incredable times as its not what the clios are made for but what they get is quite respectable. ive done a few bits and pieces to mine to get that time but ive heard of some standard ones doing it in less time. alot of it is down to driver so i still need to brush up on my launch skills i think lol.
i am going again the end of october for the night racing so ill try to make the most of the cold night air.

RS 182 CUP
I'm in Lichfield if you know it, about 20 mins from you, what tyres did you use, they're one of the most important things when doing quater mile, clios are built for corners to be honest though mate

ibiza cupra
i know how to get there but dont know my way round lol. i can get to the shell garage for v power and thats about it lol.

im on contisport contact 3`s. not crap tyres but not made for that sort of thing. i always say that to my mates about it being a track car and not a strip car but they just think im makeing excuses lol. my mate has a 2.0 turbo punto gt (has the coupe 16v turbo lump in it) and when he has finished building it, is hoping for about 400bhp. it will kill me on the strip and i know it but get it on a track with me and the story will be different. he wouldnt have anywere to use all the power lol.