ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Cig Lighter fault

Dodgy one
After i picked up my 182 yesterday and trying to charge TomTom it appears my socket isnt working, The cig lighter doesnt warm up either, Now ive checked the manual for the fuse and it says its the same fuse as the Radio.

Well.............The radio works fine, what else can I check before i drive it over to Leeds to be sorted under warranty

Megane 225
Pull out the plastic cup holder bit, it will just pop out. The wire has probably just came out of the bottom of the cig lighter?

Dodgy one
Its turned out i took a look at the fuses tinight out of curiosity, Obv as you lot will know the radio is on the same fuse as the lighter. My radio would go off randomly every 10-20 mins or so.

The fuse for it was blown, and using one of the spares was out of the window as they were blown too.

What could possibly be causing it to blow? I'm assuming the previous owner got fed up in the end and never bothered replacing it.

Should i fit a 20A fuse instead of 15A?

Mondeo TXS Bardge.
use the same one in it, it could have been a charger put in the lighter which shorted it, thats what happened to mine, my satnavs sharger fell to bits when i tried to take it out the lighter socket and it sparked.

It's a blue one.

Take the panel off the side of the fusebox and look for the picture of a radio.

clio 172
changed the radio one allready still no cig lighter or radio on ignition, or vanity mirrors
what amp is it? is it a big or small fuse