ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Circuit racing

donnylad

ClioSport Club Member
I am doing my car up now ready for sprinting. I start in Jan in the Shenstone and district speed championship, I may also enter another one in the same season cost depending (midland speed championship etc).

If I do well I will either do another year or move onto track racing.

What sort of costs are involved in circuit racing? I am guessing we have a few here that do it?

Sprinting is quite cheap, around £110 per race day, with around 10 races per year. The car also doesnt take much of a beating in reality as I will end up doing no more then 10 miles per year, and with only one car on track at a time the contact is minimal unless I go off. tyres etc 1 set of slicks per season.

I am guessing to run a racing season could be upwards of 8-10k doing it cheap?

At the moment my lad wants to do karting but is to young (3) he can start bambino testing at 5, and if its something he wants to do I will more then likely sell my car and gear to pay for his as I wont really have the time to do both anyway.

So yeah, just after some rough costs involved in doing a season of circuit racing and what championships are about. I was reading something on facebook about tin cup or tin hats or something? dont remember as was a few beers in at the time!