ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Civic Pinball @ The Ring

Heez

ClioSport Club Member
  Superleggera'd Bean
I wasn't insured at the ring when I went. Because of this I never went hell for leather, just made sure I had a good time... twice.

That Civic looks fucked though, really fast part of the track as well.

172, Tiguan
Car was from Holland.. So maybe their insurance covers it anyway?

In all likelihood they should be.

I wasn't insured at the ring when I went. Because of this I never went hell for leather, just made sure I had a good time... twice.

That Civic looks f**ked though, really fast part of the track as well.

​you went without insurance twice? Would you knowingly drive on a UK road uninsured?

Heez

ClioSport Club Member
  Superleggera'd Bean
In all likelihood they should be.

​you went without insurance twice? Would you knowingly drive on a UK road uninsured?

Same trip.

No I wouldn't and I would attempt to if I go back unless it was a track day or I rented. Looking back its a bit silly but I risked it because I wanted to and knew of the risks.

Adamm.

ClioSport Club Member
Goes to show anything can happen at the ring, lol.

[video]http://m.youtube.com/#/watch?v=fvUFWrqfd-c&desktop_uri=%2Fwatch%3Fv%3DfvUFWrqfd-c[/video]

Steve

ClioSport Club Member
  ST3 8.5
Makes me laugh, all you are worried about is the cost for repairing barriers & cleaning up the track.

THIS is the kinda money you find down the back of your sofa compared to the mind boggling numbers if some slips off on YOUR mess & needs long term medical care.

​Thread on PH is frightening how bad IT CAN go wrong.

Makes me laugh, all you are worried about is the cost for repairing barriers & cleaning up the track.

THIS is the kinda money you find down the back of your sofa compared to the mind boggling numbers if some slips off on YOUR mess & needs long term medical care.

​link??

White APE
Looking at it, it doesn't look like there's too much length of Armco that would need replacing as he bounces off of it so quickly.

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1

Agreed, although that is of course a lot less likely, but still very much a possibility.

I had a bike try and claim he fell off on my oil, despite the fact my sump was in tact and I hadnt lost a drop (i assume he hit the same oil I did in the first place!), luckily he didnt succeed in his claim but it shows what could happen!

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
Easily done there.

Yeah its a place where you dont have to get it wrong by much to have a big off.

Im not sure if it was driver error or if I hit something slippery like the bike who came off same place claimed he had TBH, but either way it was a big lesson in the fact I was glad my insurance picked up the tab and why I wouldnt want to go without insurance in future!

A ANIMAL
Most insurances have clause such as:

General exclusions:

Rallies, Competitions, Trials, Racetrack, Circuit or Prepared Course
If any car which We cover is used
– in any rally
– in any competition
– in any trial
– on a racetrack, circuit or a prepared course
We will restrict cover to those legal liabilities for which insurance is
compulsory under the Road Traffic Acts and We will provide no other
cover under this Motor Policy.
We will not apply this limitation in respect of any event organised to
encourage road safety or a treasure hunt in respect of which
– the route does not exceed 100 miles and
– no merit is attached to the competitors’ performance whilst
driving, except in relation to good road behaviour and compliance
with the Highway Code and
– if the event includes driving tests, then the driving area must not
exceed 100 yards square and tests must not be timed

no mate, the mini carrousel.

Never thought that was a dangerous corner, came flying out of that at the weekend but i guess the clio is quite timid in comparison to some cars.

The pinball crash is awful, track was shut for a good couple of hours. Sunday was horrendous, there were cars coming off smashed up all over the place.

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
Never thought that was a dangerous corner

Try taking it faster then I guess mate!

Its a pretty high speed bend, so if you are right on the limit of adhesion it means if something goes wrong it goes wrong in a big way.

To me any corner where your car isnt capable of going through it at 100% throttle is one where there is an elemet of danger as by definition it means you can get past the limit of adhesion of the tyres.
If that happens at big speed with small runoff, its even more dangerous.

came flying out of that at the weekend but i guess the clio is quite timid in comparison to some cars.

Being fwd its more likely to just understeer than do anything else I suppose, I was in a RWD car at the time though.

JoshOm3

ClioSport Club Member
  Cup'182/Rs2'd Trophy
Are their any specific company's that will insure you without going through the company your already insured with?

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
Are their any specific company's that will insure you without going through the company your already insured with?

I havent been able to find one that gives what I feel is acceptable levels of cover.

nurburg motorsport did one for example, it was IIRC 100 euros (plus a fee to inspect your car first to make sure its ok) and covered 8 laps, but had a ceiling of 10K euros, so if you get a 40K euro bill you still have to front most of it.