ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Claiming for windscreen repair

Corsa :$
Basically earlier this year i had a chip in the windscreen fixed through my insurance. Didnt have to pay an excess etc as it was part of my policy and didnt effect my no claims as a result.

However now im coming to renew my insurance is this counted as an actual claim?

Filling in the forms online it asks if youve made a claim, one vehicle incident etc, windscreen (sometimes) but id presume this was for a replacement not a repair? Also as diamond paid for the repair i dont know how much it costs etc

Just trying to avoid a phone call to diamond tbh as they are a pain to get through to, just wondering if anyone has an personal experience about this?

Thanks
Lauren

ITB'd 182...
Not registered as a claim and i work for Diamond so can assure you it will be fine :)

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Your windscreen excess is only like £70/100 isn't it?

My excess is £50 for glass.

No need to say anything about it when renewing, unless they ask specifically.

Hope I have been helpful and not offended you.

Corsa :$
Not registered as a claim and i work for Diamond so can assure you it will be fine :)

Cool thanks, wasnt concerned about having a claim etc i just didnt want to be accused of not reporting something when i renew

Yea the excess is only £50 and would have just had a new one but i was going to scotland on holiday for 4 weeks the day after next and wanted it fixing beforehand