ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

clarifiying brake bleeding order

had a search through countless posts on bleeding the brakes and there's a few different orders coming out (in which order to bleed the brakes).

I've in the past always gone:

1. n/s/r
2. o/s/r
3. n/s/f
4. o/s/f

working from the caliper furthest away from the master cylinder to the closest.
is this order any different on a 172 with abs? has anyone got the official say from renault (in a tech manual or similar) which suggests otherwise?

thank you

172 Ph1/Scooby MY00
On the Renault dialogys system I think it is as follows:

1. o/s/r
2. n/s/f
3. n/s/r
4. o/s/f

I hope I've remembered that correctly. I did mine that way two weeks ago and the brakes feel great. Just keep it topped up before starting on each corner. Should be fine.

On the Renault dialogys system I think it is as follows:

1. o/s/r
2. n/s/f
3. n/s/r
4. o/s/f

I hope I've remembered that correctly. I did mine that way two weeks ago and the brakes feel great. Just keep it topped up before starting on each corner. Should be fine.

can anyone confirm this order please?

ABS have a different bleeding order, I looked it up a while back it be on the forum somewhere under my name.

Fronts first followed by the rears.

cheers mattjk. however in that post your order is different to mr angry's and it seems his was taken from the renault technical manual. can i please ask where you got your info from? also when you say left hand front brake etc etc, can you please put that into n/s/f, o/s/r etc...just so im not going by looking at the car from the rear when i should be looking at it form the front.

172 Ph1/Scooby MY00
cheers mattjk. however in that post your order is different to mr angry's and it seems his was taken from the renault technical manual. can i please ask where you got your info from? also when you say left hand front brake etc etc, can you please put that into n/s/f, o/s/r etc...just so im not going by looking at the car from the rear when i should be looking at it form the front.

:lolup: Is Mr Angry supposed to be me? :rasp:

BMW M135i
left would be nearside
right would be offside

Retrieved from the haynes manual,

Renault do it opposite way round though, its left and right as your looking at the car. Retrived from the renault manual (can post page if you don't believe me):

1. Rear Right (N/S/R)
2. Front Left (O/S/F)
3. Rear Left (O/S/R)
4. Front Right (N/S/F)

They use left and right so it doesn't differ between RHD and LHD models as offside/nearside does.

:lolup: Is Mr Angry supposed to be me? :rasp:

lol, was that your name before then?

left would be nearside
right would be offside

Retrieved from the haynes manual,

Renault do it opposite way round though, its left and right as your looking at the car. Retrived from the renault manual (can post page if you don't believe me):

1. Rear Right (N/S/R)
2. Front Left (O/S/F)
3. Rear Left (O/S/R)
4. Front Right (N/S/F)

They use left and right so it doesn't differ between RHD and LHD models as offside/nearside does.

is this way specific to cars with abs?
and also why would abs make the order any different?

thank you

also if you wouldn't mind can you please post the page?

BMW M135i
Nope no different with/without ABS. Basically you bleed the longest circuit first, followed by the shorter of the two.