ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clarkson and the Clio tyres

ph2 iceburg 172
quite interesting. im sure i saw a similar test with a lotus going round a circle of cones.

Addz

ClioSport Club Member
  Trophy, TVR Tamora
Good little vid, one thing i don't like to save money on is tyres, or brakes infact!

Black Clio GT
he didnt look like he was trying to as smooth on the budgets as the premiums tbh...
would have been interesting to get a slick time too!!

Astra SRI/ Hornet
avon standard tyre? i dont think so, avons are the worst tyres ive ever had on a rs. sport contacts were standard fit on 172's and a very good tyre and exaltos on a 182 are great.

The Chubby Pirate

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf R
Tyres and brakes should never ever be compromised.

I run Rainsports on the 182, i wont use anything else so long as they keep making them.

Clio 172 RS2
he didnt look like he was trying to as smooth on the budgets as the premiums tbh...
would have been interesting to get a slick time too!!

Scrappy run on non grippy tyres... like a ex. race driver doesn't know how to run smooth?

Slicks? Warmed up or what?
The 'remoulds' where not scrubbed in btw.; you see the stickers on the thread while they where mounted.

But then again why would put budgets on a Clio Sport in the first place?

Renault Sport Clio 182
nice not seen it before, ive got budget's :dapprove: only because i had 3, yes 3 flat tyres within the month of purchasing the car :eek:, although that was last year i will go to better tyres when these have had it.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
I seen this video years ago! Decent watch but I think it was exaggerated although no one stupid enough would think budget tyres were as good as decent ones surely!

Bumder With A Buffer
I ran nankangs on the old Clio over the winter and never had an issue. Sure I could tell there was a difference but I don't drive it like a r****d on public roads anyway. Personally I think it depends how you drive. I can't say I would feel comfortable "pushing" a car hard Down any of the roads near me too many fucktards.

In fact the Clio with nankangs was ploughing through snow that some 4x4's were struggling with ;)

172 cup
I've used Kumos a couple times and rate em for the price range they are in, anyone have any experience of the maxxis maz1 (ithink that's the name)??

320d
Tyres can make a great car into a poor car if you use poor tyres. When you see a performance car with budget tyres it makes me sick. I never got on with the tr1's I had on my 172 though, I actually prefare the mid range federals I have no my mazda 323 run around.

I think i'd go hankooks when I go back to a decent car, seem to be the best performance for reasonable price.

is1

Integra Type R DC2
Tyres and brakes should never ever be compromised.

I run Rainsports on the 182, i wont use anything else so long as they keep making them.

Uniroyal Rainsport - staggeringly good tyre. Bit of a "best kept secret" I think. Came second in the EVO test (beat the Pilot Exalto PE2 to fifth) and I have had them in the past so have actually tried them.

Fiesta ST2
I have kumos on the front of my 197 £60 over £130 for a conti sport 3. compared to the contis they are crap in the wet. In the dry they are fine.

the biggest problem is under heavy braking they are shat!

Conti 3's before the snow comes I think!