ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Claying advice please !!!

C63 AMG, F430 & 172
I also did my yesterday and all whent well until a thunder storm came over i got all the car done apart from the tailgate :S The paint work is like glass now also i used 3-4's of the megs lubricant did i use too much do you think ???

thats about right imo, i used 1 bottle on my golf

Yeah should have done Ben, that's about right fella.

I use about two bottles of QD on a car when I PC it, mainly attributed to claying.

Za**** & Xr250R
Nice one do you think it would be a good idea to clay it again as my car has never been clayed before ???
Also matey what clay and claying lubricant do you use ??? I'm feeling confident now so i might step up a notch ;)

200 FF Storm Grey
Ha, yeah, OK that's good then. Best thing fella is to actually listen to the paint/action across the surface. You will be able to tell if you have succeeded as the paint work will be smooth/not catch/sound like running your hands over glass, rather than sand paper.

Yeh the paintwork is very smooth today, giving the door a little rub at the lights :cool: lol, what I was suprised at was how little dirty came off onto the clay but the clay came from the previous owner so may be that the lad before did a few clay sessions on it

Za**** & Xr250R
Yeh the paintwork is very smooth today, giving the door a little rub at the lights :cool: lol, what I was suprised at was how little dirty came off onto the clay but the clay came from the previous owner so may be that the lad before did a few clay sessions on it

What clay and claying lubricant did you use ???

Nice one do you think it would be a good idea to clay it again as my car has never been clayed before ???
Also matey what clay and claying lubricant do you use ??? I'm feeling confident now so i might step up a notch ;)

Shouldn't need doing again for a good year fella. Once you get a decent amount of protection/sealent on the paint it will protect it from getting too stuck to your paint.

I used Megs first time round, just the quick clay kit. Now I use the I4D stuff coupled with Megs Last Touch No:16, around 1:2 diluted.

should be fine now, buy a DA and syart polishing :p

LOL :)

Cool, what's a DA lol ???

I'm a newbie to detailing btw ;)

D/A is a dual action polisher (mimics your hands movement instead of just spinning round).

What clay and claying lubricant did you use ???

Za**** & Xr250R
Shouldn't need doing again for a good year fella. Once you get a decent amount of protection/sealent on the paint it will protect it from getting too stuck to your paint.

I used Megs first time round, just the quick clay kit. Now I use the I4D stuff coupled with Megs Last Touch No:16, around 1:2 diluted.

LOL :)

D/A is a dual action polisher (mimics your hands movement instead of just spinning round).

Awesome mate the only thing is i never got round to putting the sealent on i will probs do that next week when i get that time should i still leave the claying ???

Leave the claying but really you need to do all at once fella. You paint work is bare at the moment, like putting on paint but no lacquer, needs to be done to protect the paint work.

Za**** & Xr250R
Leave the claying but really you need to do all at once fella. You paint work is bare at the moment, like putting on paint but no lacquer, needs to be done to protect the paint work.

The weather round here is like a woman going throught the change it was sunny this morning and now it's thunder and lightning lol i'm really going to have to sort my garage out it's like an aladins cave, cheer's for the advice jamie :approve:

182kev

Tony if you ever need any autoglym, gis a shout we sell it and i'll do you some decent discount ;)