ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Claying Today - Help!

LY V6 with Recaros
Johnnyopolis said:
One other obvious thing and sorry if I am telling you how to suck eggs! If you drop the clay make sure you put it in the bin.....

Johnny

Lol, yeah I gathered that :)

RenaultSport clio 17
Ads_172 said:
Or brush it off, say "that'll be alreet" and scrape it nicely across the bonnet!

LMAO - I was going to post something " In Ad's case" but dont know you well enough yet for that :rasp:

Johnny

BMW E46 330i Touring
Lol, close. To be fair, I think I have used a bit of 'dirty' clay before on the inside arches when I was experimenting with the stuff...

Don't even own any clay at the moment, I'll buy a new batch after Chrimbo.

106 GTi
I have never used a dropped bit on anything, used a bit that had been used on my 182 wheels on the 306 once though!!!

106 GTi
Well it gets worse .... same car has not even been washed for 3 or 4 months!

In my defence it was only to remove some strange tree sap mark and I was not opening a new bar just for that.

That said the paintwork on my 182 wheels gets treated better than my 306 anyway.

BMW E46 330i Touring
Only in the circles that matter mate, the truly niave ones will still think of you as 'the cleaning geek'... :)

Looking nice, I presume you waxed afterwards, I would reccommend it as I think claying removes the wax. You'll need to protect the shiny new paintwork. It's good stuff though I can recommend the clay from halfords.

Here's a piccy of mine (although it's not clio) in the summer after a day's claying and waxing !

rb5_043_12.jpg

rb5_043_13.jpg

Thomss said:
Cool pics mate.

Thanks, spent about 2 days cleaning the car earlier on in the year. In memory or Richard Burns there was a memorial relay from Lands end to John O Groats (hence the stickers). I started my bit at Prodrive (Banbury) and went up to M42 J3, it was good to show my appretiation for the man and pay some respect. Car had not looked so clean since, well, maybe at rallyday but has been it.

That was the first time I had ever clayed a car and I will do it again for sure.

How often do people clay their cars, I should imagine every 6 months or so? A little worried about doing it too often in case it takes anything away from the paintwork?

BMW E46 330i Touring
Not going to take much off the paint, but it's pretty pointless doing it al the time, as not that much builds up.

4-6 monthly for me.