ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Cleaned my RB ( pic heavy )

E46 325ci, ZX10r E9f
washed
clayed
washed again
AG srp
AG epg
AG aqua wax

all done by hand, got a few swirl marks and the odd scratch so if there is anyone close by ( carmarthen west wales ) who can do paint correction get in touch, thanks

took it down the road for some photos this morning, unfortunately was cloudy :dapprove:...........just a point and shoot camera so nothing great, have just adjusted auto levels on them in PS

DSCF1630.gif

DSCF1631.gif

DSCF1633.gif

DSCF1635.gif

DSCF1637.gif

DSCF1639.gif

DSCF1641.gif

DSCF1642.gif

painted engine cover........

DSCF1624rrr.gif

.........and dash strips, steering wheel insert and gear knob

DSCF1629.gif

and milage

DSCF1632.gif

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
I think RB's look plain with those alloys.

Love the colour tho.

E46 325ci, ZX10r E9f
thanks for the comments, typically it p1ssed down this afternoon when i had to go out so the car was clean for all of 5 hours :dapprove: so is there anything i can get to give it a quick clean or is it back to the hose shampoo and mitt

120d M Sport
thanks for the comments, typically it p1ssed down this afternoon when i had to go out so the car was clean for all of 5 hours :dapprove: so is there anything i can get to give it a quick clean or is it back to the hose shampoo and mitt

Got any QD (Quick detail spray)?

Looks great btw! Nice interior touches

120d M Sport
nope, do you just spray that on and wipe off with a microfibre cloth, sorry for daft questions :eek:

Yes mate, great stuff you can safely remove surface dust, rain spots, finger prints etc with it. Have a look theres plenty out there

E46 325ci, ZX10r E9f
Yes mate, great stuff you can safely remove surface dust, rain spots, finger prints etc with it. Have a look theres plenty out there

cheers

Neal182 said:
My old car looking good but what's with painting all them bits :eek: hope your still enjoying it as I'm still missing it :cry:

am bored on my week off lol and needed to practice for when i refurb the wheels you fucked up lol :rasp: , yep still loving it, no patch on the bike tho, dare i say it i find it slow until i get the rev counter up to 1 o clock :D, getting new tyres tomorrow its been very flighty recently

pritchard182 said:
tis a minter m8. it was clean was when i saw it,i like the hole in the bonet pik looks sweet

cheers, have just finished refurbing the spare i got off you its looking good now, seen your car in your thread looks lush mate lowered and black wheels very nice

Mini Cooper S sport
Very very nice, will always love RB.

I like the anthracite badges and bullets with the RB lettering, they look spot on.

am bored on my week off lol and needed to practice for when i refurb the wheels you f**ked up lol :rasp: , yep still loving it, no patch on the bike tho, dare i say it i find it slow until i get the rev counter up to 1 o clock :D, getting new tyres tomorrow its been very flighty recently

It wasn't me that f**ked them up it was the brake pads and a tyre fitter :rasp: good to see it's gone to a good home ;)

E46 325ci, ZX10r E9f
thanks for the comments

took a couple of photos of the beading, so thought i'd share...........had put a coat of AG aqua wax and then i bought some PB natty's paste wax so thought i'd try it out

Photo-0039.gif

Photo-0041.gif

E46 325ci, ZX10r E9f
little update on the rb, bought myself a kestrel DAS-6 ( thanks i4detailing for your fantastic service ) but haven't quite worked out how to get rid of the swirls yet :dapprove: so just ended up polishing the car with it with some AG SRP followed by some PB natty's paste wax again

I resprayed the wheels in rover stone grey a while ago too

DSCF1704.gif

rear wheel looks darker here, they are the same colour

DSCF1703.gif

DSCF1713.gif

DSCF1714.gif

and some reflection shots of bonnet and roof

DSCF1708.gif

DSCF1716.gif

DSCF1717.gif

DSCF1718.gif

gonna try to tackle the swirls with the rotary again when i get back from hols next week :approve:

The Boosh!

ClioSport Admin
  Elise, Duster
Nice one mate! Looks brilliant!... Just a little observation..

RB182's on a whole ARE the best looked after RS clio out of all the colours.
FACT.

The Boosh!

ClioSport Admin
  Elise, Duster
Clay removes all the surface stuff and just leaves bare uncontaminated paint (in theory)

If you get an aggressive clay it will take off all of the wax/polish/tar spots/tree sap. It also brings the paint up a treat as it removes all the above surface contaminants!

lol thought you didnt like the painted bits..................i'll do a swap with you

for your brother's car :rasp:
The about of brakes and tyres it going throw he my be up for that LOL but then maybe not Good to see it went to a good home