ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Cleaned on Saturday, and then on Monday this happened...

Arctic 182
So yeah cleaned the car on Saturday and went and took a couple of photos of it, mine is the black one:

DSC02345.jpg

DSC02346.jpg

DSC02348.jpg

DSC02356.jpg

DSC02357.jpg

DSC02367.jpg

And then this happened, I was turning right off a road and was hit by a minibus, causing me to spin 180 degrees. Apologies for the poor picture quality, taken on an iPhone...

IMG_0764.jpg

IMG_0765.jpg

IMG_0766.jpg

Arctic 182
It was in queuing traffic, and he came down the bus lane and I don't remember seeing him until he hit me :(

Disastra Coupe
Expensive lesson... At least nobody was hurt though! Just have to remember to check and double check next time :)

Dr HMS Derv Destroyer

ClioSport Club Member
  MK1DTi/vivaro/corsa
well, it really depends on how fucked it is underneath. hope it wont be but i can see it being almost to the point of a write off

Arctic 182
The last picture shows that the rear beam is bent and the shock is ruined, as far as I can see the rest is body damage.

Disastra Coupe
I'm going to guess it would be. A lot of damage for a cheap car imo. Is the door damaged? Hard to tell.

2001 1.2 Clio Black.
Sorry to hear about it , shame.. is a lovely looking car looking to base mine on something similar.

What splitter is that if you wouldnt mind be asking?

Arctic 182
standard lights mate, check the last pic, you can see the red cover on the road :eek:

This.

Sorry to hear about it , shame.. is a lovely looking car looking to base mine on something similar.

What splitter is that if you wouldnt mind be asking?

Its a fat Megane splitter.

Bit gutted it's going to be written off it is, not very confident after hearing what you people have said, it's going off to the insurers on Saturday so I guess I'll find out then :dapprove:

Dr HMS Derv Destroyer

ClioSport Club Member
  MK1DTi/vivaro/corsa
This.

Bit gutted it's going to be written off it is, not very confident after hearing what you people have said, it's going off to the insurers on Saturday so I guess I'll find out then :dapprove:

best of luck pal, hopefully they will get it repaired :)

BG 182
I would have thought that's a write off fella unfortunately. Those buses go storming through those lanes though as they don't want to be delayed as it carries through out the day.

Adamm.

ClioSport Club Member
Unfortunate mate. And I would also say that is probably a write off best advice I had when i crashed my 182 was to take it on the chin and move on.

2001 1.2 Clio Black.
This.

May seem like a stupid question , but where can i get my hands on one? like a link to the right one , i'll end up with a skoda splitter knowing me :dapprove:

Last edited:
  BG 182
May seem like a stupid question , but where can i get my hands on one? like a link to the right one , i';; end up with a skoda splitter knowing me :dapprove:

Offer him some money for it so he can go buy a couple of beers and some scratch cards?

On another front, make sure you remove anything that you haven't declared on your insurance else you'll be paying for that mini bus too!

Arctic 182
May seem like a stupid question , but where can i get my hands on one? like a link to the right one , i'll end up with a skoda splitter knowing me :dapprove:

I got mine from a scrapyard, wouldn't want to sell you mine if it is written off as it is not in the best condition, doesn't show up in the photos lol

Arctic 182
And this is my first accident, so all this insurance stuff is a big learning curve!
So I'll no doubt be in need of advice when they get my car.

BG 182
Theres not much you can do buddy, they give you the option, or options if your lucky and you have to just decide what option may benefit you slightly. I would have thought its a write off, but even if you knew someone in the trade, it's nOt just cosmetic unfortunately. So you need to be prepared for your next insurance renewal.

PH1 172
I work at a bodyshop that deals with insurance claims and we would write that off we wrote one off the other week, no shell damage just a bent rear axle and it was written off we have fixed about 3 clios in the past week and they where all shell damage no suspension or chassis damage.

Clio 220 Trophy
My sons 04 Clio 1.2 was wrote off just before xmas, no suspension damage or structual, all bodywork, new O/S wing etc, bumper, bonnet, front panel, headlights etc
Quote from bodyshop £3083.00,
Sorry but I would say defo writeoff

Arctic 182
I work at a bodyshop that deals with insurance claims and we would write that off we wrote one off the other week, no shell damage just a bent rear axle and it was written off we have fixed about 3 clios in the past week and they where all shell damage no suspension or chassis damage.

Devastated :(

Arctic 182
A quick update: Been told by the garage that it would cost £4,000 to repair. They've told my insurers, waiting to hear back from them, but obviously they are not going to pay that :/

Unlucky mate. How on earth can it cost £4000 to repair though! Surely it's more than the car is worth. Shame after getting all those pics though.

Clio 220 Trophy
Unlucky mate. How on earth can it cost £4000 to repair though! Surely it's more than the car is worth. Shame after getting all those pics though.

As with my sons, insurance company will not entertain using non manufacturer parts, I could have got OEM parts for £800.. off internet spent another £1200 having them sprayed and fitted, Job done £2000, Aviva not interested, bodyshop quoted £3083, hence Cat C write off :(

Arctic 182
As with my sons, insurance company will not entertain using non manufacturer parts, I could have got OEM parts for £800.. off internet spent another £1200 having them sprayed and fitted, Job done £2000, Aviva not interested, bodyshop quoted £3083, hence Cat C write off :(

I'm with Aviva as well, can I ask how much your son got for his?