ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Cleaning 182 inferno

Clio 182 LY + Cup packs
Hi

I have an inferno 182, and i want to give it a really good valet when the weather gets better as it has been neglected since the summer. I have quite a few black dots (like tar marks) on the car, and the paint seems to have lost its shine a little.

I have read through a lot of threads on here and everyone seems to have there own opinions on how to get that "extra special shine".

So what opinions do you have for what i should use, and what i should buy to make my inferno shine once again.

Thanks in advance

106 GTi
For tar removal - Autoglym Tar remover works well.

To restore the paintwork to its former glory.

Wash
Clay
Polish
Sealant/Wax

Working by hand, something Meguiars Scartch X on any any trouble spots, then a good polish and sealant such as Autoglym Super Resin and Extra Gloss.

M140i/Orange 182
r-jay said:

Wash
Clay
Polish
Sealant/Wax

Working by hand, something Meguiars Scartch X on any any trouble spots, then a good polish and sealant such as Autoglym Super Resin and Extra Gloss.

exactly what i use on my inferno 182. bling bling.

ST
r-jay said:

Wash
Clay
Polish
Sealant/Wax

Was just about to say exactly the same in that order also.....lol

106 GTi
16vClio said:
I like megs #16 myself tho not sure if it's carnuba is it?

That's a Carnuba with few other bits in the blend so I understand. Very durable, worked well on mine after Super resin and Extra Gloss

IMG_5943.jpg

ST
Yeah, i've also just got the megs cleaner wax paste...not used it yet, have you tried it before mate? Also megs clear coat body scrub?

106 GTi
The cleaner wax is an all in one polish and wax. It will remove whatever you already have on your car, more of a one step product, not one to use with other things

The Body Scrub works well in conjuction with a good claying to clean your paint up, will remove anything on there so your back to clean unprotected paint. Together with clay to remove any bonded on contaiments your paint will be squeaky clean.

im thinking of just taking mine for a full valet afte rthe winter months..

got a clay bar sat in my garage unopened but cant be arsed to use it.. knowing my luck i WILL wreck the whole cars paintwork.

106 GTi
On Inferno you need a nice clear looking Carnuba wax that allows the metallic flake to pop

I would look at Poorboys Nattys Blue, P21s concours look wax or Meguiars #16.

The first two are easier to use and look slightly better IMO than the #16 but it will last longer but can be a pain to use.

Alex@Serious Performance does all three and does CS discount.

M140i/Orange 182
just been looking at all 3, all sound good but not sure on what to go for, P21s is more expensive o the 3...hard choice!

i think i might go for the natty blue but dont want the paint to look really dark??

106 GTi
Nattys Blue gives a clear wet look, with a great gloss. P21s a slightly deeper looking finish but is not quite as wet looking.

P21s is the easyist to use and my choice for a wide range of colours.

You won't go wrong with either.

M140i/Orange 182
ok kool, so i take it i would apply nattys blue after the extra gloss.

the routine i did last thurs was:

NXT car wash
clay bar
super resin polish X 2 coats
extra gloss
and now ill add nattys blue

i think that sounds appropiate!

O yea thanks for the advice! :)

106 GTi
Thats the right order.

On good shape paint no need for 2 coats of SRP, you would be better doing 2 coats of EGP 24 hours apart to get more protection. Then top with the Nattys Blue. They advise leaving 12-24 hour between coats of waxes and sealants for maximum durability.

M140i/Orange 182
ok mate ive noted that, i found it easier to use a spray bottle when applying extra gloss, gives a more even coat as its quite runny!!

106 GTi
Yeah same here, spraying it onto a foam pad first helps to get ultra thin coats which is what you need.