ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Cleaning air/panel filters

Don

182 & LY Clio 220 ed
I use the specific cleaners...as they have a cleaner and then a 'charger' which helps the gause to capture the crap as it re-enters the filter.

Don

182 & LY Clio 220 ed
The kit is about a tenner and has a few uses in it. So you will get about 4 uses for the kit and its supposed to be done approximately every 50k (supposedly)...so works out cheaper than a new filter

If its the foam type that's meant to be cleaned I used to wash in very hot soapy water, in reverse airflow direction to remove all the sucked in grit and dust. leave it to dry naturally is best but I used to speed it up with a hairdryer.

Then re oil with the right brand as the oil is what will catch and hold the dirt in the filter. Using the provided cleaner too cant do any harm.

DON'T SEND ME PM'S!!
The kit is about a tenner and has a few uses in it. So you will get about 4 uses for the kit and its supposed to be done approximately every 50k (supposedly)...so works out cheaper than a new filter

they need cleaning a lot more regularly than that. Every normal service interval it will be filthy

03 clio sport asc
after I cleaned mine and it dried i found if i banged the filter on a bench little black particles will fall out of it, does this mean its stuffed? maybe only had it for 20k and washed it once. Also im using K&N oil spray for it, thoughts?

DON'T SEND ME PM'S!!
after I cleaned mine and it dried i found if i banged the filter on a bench little black particles will fall out of it, does this mean its stuffed? maybe only had it for 20k and washed it once. Also im using K&N oil spray for it, thoughts?

you need to wash and oil it a lot more frequently. More like every 4-5k. after 20k it will be totally dried out

Ktec's cleaning and re oiling kit looks to be a pour on type bottle on there site, the foam looks similar to ITG so I might clean and re oil with the ITG spray I've got.