ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Cleaning convert!

Waitey

ClioSport Club Member
  Alpina D3, AC Cobra
I'm very interested in getting the outside of my clio 172 as mint as possible before she goes laters this year.

I'm quite handy with the good old random orbital polishers but i need some pointers on what to use. So if someone could give me a list of what agents and wax's i need. Along with the pads and where to buy them from.

Also just some questions on why you seem to use the PC so much. I know it cuts off after a certain pressure thus saving paint work but i feel this effct can be acheived with other equippement. Personally i feel an air operated orbital set to about 2bar air pressure gives the same effect. If you put too much pressure it will stop.

Also could you give me some advice on how to remove this mark. Would scratch x work on it?

IMGA0550.jpg

106 GTi
The scartch to me looks like it will improve with a good polish, but doubt anything other than a repaint will sort it 100%.

The PC is popular as it is random orbital so is effective on swirls but hard to mess up and damaged paint and burn through as you can with a Rotary. The safety maragin and the fact it works well makes it as a good choice.

Pads wise worth looking at www.cleanandshiny.co.uk

You will need, light cut, polish and finishing to do all steps by machine.

On my black 182 I am looking to give it it's first real machine polish this coming weekend.

Light Cut Pad - Poorboys SSR ( Swirl Remover) 2.5
Poilshing Pad - Meguiars Speed Glaze #80
Finishing Pad - Clearkote Red Machine Glaze

Sealant and wax by hand.

Waitey

ClioSport Club Member
  Alpina D3, AC Cobra
Poorboys Nattys Paste Wax - Blue (PBNATB) £13.99
Poorboys SSR2 (PBSSR2) In Stock £12.98
Meguiars #80 Speed Glaze (M-8032) £14.04
Lake Country 6 1/2" Variable Contact Black Finishing Pad (9181) £8.24
Lake Country 6 1/2" Variable Contact Orange Light Cutting Pad (9179) £8.99
Lake Country 6 1/2" Variable Contact White Polishing Pad (9180) £8.24
Meguiars #21 Synthetic Sealant 360ml (M2164S) £14.00
Meguiars Quik Clay Detailing System (G1116) £11.99

Total £92.47

Will need to do some saving!

Looks like i'll need to save abit

106 GTi
Be a good starter kit and last you some time though.

Te SSR 2 is very alike to the #80 Speed Glaze in Cut, I would get the SSR 2.5 if your are getting the #80.