ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Cleaning injectors

Oyster Card
I made a post recently about my car kangarooing around when I first start out, it might be down to the injectors being blocked?
I have also noticed it's a bit sluggish and there seems to be a halt in acceleration everytime it touches 2k rpm no matter what gear its in.

I'm wondering whats the best product for cleaning injectors which actually works?

Clio Williams
Try optimax, it has worked for me in the past or try typing injector cleaning into google and see what it brings up as there are companys out there that can remove and clean them properly, this one www.gowerlee.dircon.co.uk is in Watford, not too far away, I might even try them myself.

Looking for a ph-quick...
u33db said:
You don't have any injectors - 1.4 RT is carb/SPI

He has one injector then fool lol :) spi = Single Point Injection!!!

trust me ive had 2 of them!

Amir

"Navy" N17 TWO
Just got a it checked on the computer at Renault the other day because it was spluttering & randomly dying...

... what can I do now to prevent this?

I always used the Wynns about every 2-3K miles when topping up the fuel, also the same on my Dads dci 65
His has never had a problem and it is 2 years older :S

Clio 190bhp Hybrid
Always used Forte stuff and readily available on ebay. Used additives without a problem for over 80k miles. Used to use STP and Wynns but Forte seems to offer more and is used by most garages, which is why its trade only to stop people applying them incorrectly or too frequently.

Optimax/V Power may stop them getting cruddy in the first place but if already like that, try an additive. Can't be any worse.

clio 2litre/gt 5 turbo
You don't have a lambeda sensor thats for the petrol owners who have to keep an eye on A/F ratios dci owners don't have to (smoke tell you when you've got A/F issues)

Check your coils AmirClio that the most likly that or the spark plugs/tdc sensor

soz mate didnt no it was a dci

clio 2litre/gt 5 turbo
I made a post recently about my car kangarooing around when I first start out, it might be down to the injectors being blocked?
I have also noticed it's a bit sluggish and there seems to be a halt in acceleration everytime it touches 2k rpm no matter what gear its in.

I'm wondering whats the best product for cleaning injectors which actually works?

is this a petral?