ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Cleaning inside of headlights..

Tunst

ClioSport Club Member
  Focus ST225, Focus E
Bought some headlights and one of them is rather dirty on the inside and its a little annoying as the other is near perfect, dont suppose there is a way to clean the inside with out stripping them down?

Joe#

ClioSport Club Member
If your balls are big enough..

qeha7uva.jpg

Oven softens the glue, allowing you to prise the two parts of the light apart. Then you clean it inside, thoroughly and seal it up again with tiger seal.

Tunst

ClioSport Club Member
  Focus ST225, Focus E
Looks like i may have to fire them in the oven or take a hair dryer to the seals...

ITB BG 182
I got a long piece of pipe wire cleaner, attached a thick bit of cloth to the end and put it through one hole at a time, I also put in a cap full of IPA and washed with that. Once done the light was tilted to one side and let it evaporate.

MG ZR x2, Polo, CTR
Looks like i may have to fire them in the oven or take a hair dryer to the seals...

a VERY hot knife will have a similar effect, once you can get to the sealant.

I used both the oven and hot knife method to do an angel eye conversion on a set of standard 206 headlights, and megane lights.