ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

cleaning my ITG Maxogen

Track 172 Cup
Anyone know what is recommended I didn't have any instructions for mine as it was on the car, but heard somewhere you can't just use any old cleaner. I was going too use warm water too clean and just re-oil with one of the recommended oils on the ITG website.

Cheers.

Stu

Last edited:
I have heard for people using warm soapy water to clean there itg filters before, I've got a few cleaning kits in stock I will see what instructions come with them and I can grab a picture for you if you want and post it up or pm you with it.

Also itg are currently redeveloping the jdr-1 oil retention spray this is the race oil the jdr-2 is the more common oil used for road and track day.

Track 172 Cup
If you sell the cleaning stuff if you can post up a price I would rather buy off a trader on here if not massively expensive. It's mainly a track car so that jdr-2 oil would be fine.

Cheers.

Gus

ClioSport Moderator
  182Turbo,DCi90
The ITG cleaning kit is £15 and a new filter is £51 (from Merlin motorsport) . Cleaning a filter is a massive ball ache to get properly clean, with the maxogen filter you cant get your hand inside it so you have nothing to press against when cleaning it.

Would personally recommend getting a new filter and some dust retention spray - ITG JDR1 . When you start cleaning you will regret not getting a new filter.

Also dont know about your filter but the chrome starts to peel on aged filters so it looks better getting a new one.

That Merlin price doesn't include vat, to purchase a cleaning kit from Merlin deliveried to your door is about £27.

We can do it cheaper I can offer a cleaning kit for £22 saving you a fiver.

Track 172 Cup
Cheers @optical I haven't had the case open on the maxogen yet so not sure what the chrome is like (don't know where it is anyway lol) and @na-motorsport do you sell the replacement filters just out of curiosity.

Advikaz

ClioSport Club Member
Warm soapy water and let it soak. Don't use detergent as it often breaks down the glues etc. Make sure you rinse thoroughly.

Make sure it's completely dry before re oiling.