ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Cleaning out inlet manifold (the inside)

Gus

ClioSport Moderator
  182Turbo,DCi90
I have got an inlet manifold that I want to have powdercoated but was thinking of cleaning it out both inside of it and externally. I am going to remove all the sensors and buy new ones. I know it wont make any difference to performance etc I just want it clean.

Is there some easy way of getting rid of all the dried oil and crap in there. Will acid dipping it - like you do with alloys have any adverse effects?

Ive got a pressure washer but dont think this will cut it. Im thinking I need chemicals or heat like steam.

Anyone done this before.

Chrisgti6

ClioSport Club Member
  MR2,TT V6,Swift,Mini
Petrol will probably do the trick, or brake cleaner or even carb cleaner.

No point going to too much hassle over it, it'll soon have a film of oil in it again!

Golf 7.5R & Clio 200
I know it's nice to have clean bits, but isn't this a bit silly? Like making sure the inside of your fuel tank has no petrol in it, then filling it up with fuel.

R3k1355

Absolute wetter.
ClioSport Club Member
Yea it's abit past anal to be honest, spend the time/money making the outside look decent because the inside will look just the same after a few miles.

Chrisgti6

ClioSport Club Member
  MR2,TT V6,Swift,Mini
Also, why are you replacing all the sensors (I'm not familiar with the 182 inlet so not sure which sensors this is MAP maybe?)

Are they faulty? if not you're just throwing money away!

330i. E30 Touring.
Pointless.

As soon as you run it again, it'll be dirty again.

It's like painting your neighbour's side of your face. Hard work, and you'll never see the benefit.

RB Clio 182
As above its like brushing your teeth before tonguing a hookers dirt box mate, just make sure the inlets are all clean of sand etc before fitting :)