ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

cleaning products

Mountune Tractor
do a search and look for a thread that Rich posted a while back. it is the bible of car cleaning.

RB 182
Do you just want to wax it as there are more than that if you want to do it porperly.

You should do something like this:
Wash - Duragloss or Chemical Guys Extreme Body wash
Clay - Megs Quik Clay
Polish - Autogylm Super Resin Polish
Sealant - Autoglym Extra Gloss Protection
Wax - P21s or Chemical Guys 50/50

Clio SI
Do you just want to wax it as there are more than that if you want to do it porperly.

You should do something like this:
Wash - Duragloss or Chemical Guys Extreme Body wash
Clay - Megs Quik Clay
Polish - Autogylm Super Resin Polish
Sealant - Autoglym Extra Gloss Protection
Wax - P21s or Chemical Guys 50/50

cheers never tried all this before will have to give it a go

riz

ClioSport Club Member
  Jaguar XFR
EGP is very good, i just bouhg jeffs acrylic trigger and the 50/50 is the best wax i have used and seen very impressive ive just done a hose down will get pics up tomw

RB 182
I hadn't used EGP for a while till the other day and really impressed with it again but as you say the Jeffs is really good alternative. Might put a few coats of Jeffs and 50/50 this week.

riz

ClioSport Club Member
  Jaguar XFR
jeffs is supposed to be good and i like the spray idea, 50/50 kicks ass

RB 182
Have you tried the Jeffs yet then riz? As a show wax I would 50/50 is probably my favourite, dead easy to apply and remove too.

106 GTi
The advantage of Jeffs is easier to use, is quick to use mutiple layers one after another, I can do 3 or 4 in the same time as one EGP layer. Plus no need to wait 12-24 hours between layers either. Looks slightly better too. I have not been able to test if it is durable enough yet, EGP has a proven long lasting nature, but I fear Jeffs AGT's ease of use must sacrifice something.

The 50/50 is very good mainly down to its price and almost Pinnacle Souveran looks for lot's less money, Is easy on and off, and said to be durable. Of late I have been spolit with some other products so am not as taken by it as I was origionally. But for the price range it is in, it is a no brainer not to choose it. P21s though it lacks durability I still love the way it looks on Silver and Blues.

Mito Sportiva 135
I think Jeffs is very durable, especially after two layers. I leave it to cure for at least 15 minutes, meaning it is tough to get off but you can physically feel the difference on the metal surfaces compared to the polish. For me it is ideal, and like you say, it has a great finish to it, almost no need to wax.

106 GTi
I wipe it on and off about 20-30 seconds later which is why the trigger spray. It feels great and like you say looks as if there is no need to top.

Dont know if it will last 3 months plus stand alone like EGP does, in theory it is just reformulated Klasse SG so it should but I have not been able to test it yet.

Renaultsport Clio 172 Cup
Washing - Meguires Gold Class wash and wax

Claying - Mequires Quick Clay

Polishing - Autoglym Super Resin polish or Mequires NXT Tech Wax

Wax/Sealing - Autoglym Extra Gloss

106 GTi
Megs NXT Tech Wax is not really a polish as such. It does contain some mild paint cleaners and fillers in it.

Autoglym Extra Gloss wont take properly over the top of it either.

^^^^^^^^^^^^trust him ...he know his sh1t ..... lol

but the rest of the recommendations is what most ppl use on this forum

Renaultsport Clio 172 Cup
When you say extra gloss doesn't take properly, what do you mean? The paintwork is brand new which is why I just clayed it to get rid of the overspray and dust contamination, then NXT Tech wax, then the Extra Gloss to seal it. What would be a better sealant? lol

106 GTi
Yeap, you need to use some Autoglym Super Resin or Klasse All in One to allow the Extra Gloss to bond properly to the paint and get some decent lasting protection.

If the paint is brand new has the painter/bodyshop said it is ok for you to seal it?

Clio dynamique 1.4 16v
Hey Rich, i bought some Megs NXT Tech Wax at the weekend cos a friend recommended it. I've not waxed my car yet cos it keeps bloody raining. Will i need to apply a few coats to notice a difference or will 1 be enough?

106 GTi
NXT has light cleaners in it so the new layer will remove some of the previous layer. It is only worth using 2 layers to ensure you get total coverage. It is not like the Autoglym Extar Gloss which you can layer to get a deeper shine and gloss using multiple applications.