ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Cleaning seat belts?

None
Does anyone have an ingenious way of cleaning the stupid silver seat belt cloth on a 182?, mine are now a dull grey/browny colour :(

Audi A4
soak cotton wool or a cloth in diluted bleach or some sort of cleaner, then cling film it onto the belt. then remove and wipe down.

The Boosh!

ClioSport Admin
  Elise, Duster
Pull seatbelt fully out.

Place seatbelt outside of the car.

Close car door on said seatbelt.

Jet wash it. Works a treat.

None
Cheers guys some good idea's there, like the idea of hanging it out the car then jet washing it, would never have thought of that one.....lol

None
Cant believe i never thought of hanging it out of the car :banghead:

Thanks again, maybe i'll scrub it with persil and jetwash it just to be sure :)

ITB BG 182
Pull seatbelt fully out.

Place seatbelt outside of the car.

Close car door on said seatbelt.

Jet wash it. Works a treat.
Im trying this tonight as my belts are shittied up to hell.
Ill take before and after pictures for posting in here.

Lol @ everyone mentioning a jet wash to clean them.
Won't there be a chance of that damaging them internally that you can't see to the eye, therefore they could be weakened in the event of a accident.

Unsure of the affects of using APC on them though.

ITB BG 182
Dicky - if you was to ask renault what to clean them with they say just water and a cloth.
So using bleach or anything else is not going to be good by their standards.

ITB BG 182
Right can not upload pics right now but a jetwash is alot easier, get a friend to help you if you do it though by holding it back against the car with a long piece of rope.

I found it best to take the belt off from the bottom bar next to the seat, loop some rope through the loop and then get some one to hold it tight against the car while you jet wash it, IF possible just rub some fairy liquid into the belt first before jetwashing.

ITB BG 182
JD just think of how much more work you will be getting because people have complained about the swirl marks caused from the automated car wash just to get their belts cleaned.

True, John. Just a shame I really don't have the time. If I were to go on Dragons Den and tell them how much business I am currently turning away/pointing in other detailers' direction they would be OUT straight away!