ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

cleaning the Interior

apart from hovering all the crap out the footwells every now and again whats good to use on the leather seats, dash etc etc ?

E55, KitCar & '85 Quattro

Just get the williams interior cleaner from halfords, that will give you all you need, and some.

Nafoff

ClioSport Club Member

leather seats, stuff called liquid leather mate, i spent 7 hours the other day cleaning my interior, that includes cleaning and conditioning the seats, let me know if you wanna know more about it,

will get some if picks up but have to finish the cleaning process, had the car jacked up and wheels off to clean them yesturday and have a load of mothers products to clean it with today.

E90

Well seeing as Im officially a leather technician by trade, and spend most of my time making leather for the automotive industry, Id say that products designed to enhance the look of leather and prolonge its life are b****cks. Leather is tanned using chrome and other nasty materials, thats what makes it last so long, nothing you buy will make it last any longer, it will just superficially make it appear softer, cleaner etc. If you have to clean your leather use just a tiny bit of detergent and water and rub gently. Leather is surface coated with a mix of polyurethane resins, pigments and additives, and then topcoated with a clear PU, any harsh cleaning will remove this topcoat and expose the vunrable base coat, this will lead to the colour fading, rubbing off etc etc.