ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Cleaning Windows

Octavia VRS
I chamois them first (inside and out), making sure I don't transfer any dirt and that the chamois is always clean, then I use Autoglym Glass cleaner. Does the job

106 GTi
AG Glass cleaner on the outside and them wax with what ever I am using on the car at the time.

Inside glass, Autoglym Fast glass and a microfiber glass cloth.

ST
Aye it seems to be quite good, though when doing the dynamique on the inside due to the tints, i used Auto Glym fast glass which is one of best and safest for cleaning acrylic tinted windows....

R-Jay you wanna take this outside....lol

Clio 172mk2
meguires nxt , using a meguirs window towel , inside and out , then rain repelent on outside applied with a meguires aplicator pad , then polished up with a meguires microfibre cloth

I use Auto Glym fast glass, works well. But can never get the inside of the front window screen mint clean, it shows all smear marks when the suns shines on it :(

106 GTi
jay said:
I use Auto Glym fast glass, works well. But can never get the inside of the front window screen mint clean, it shows all smear marks when the suns shines on it :(

Thats is the biggest pain are in a car ever, thats the one bit I hate. Try AG glass polish in the inside, takes some time, but seems to work well.

r-jay said:
Thats is the biggest pain are in a car ever, thats the one bit I hate. Try AG glass polish in the inside, takes some time, but seems to work well.

haven't used the AG polish for a bit due to all the little white bits going everywhere when you wipe off :( will try it tomorrow, would you use fast glass after?

R35 GTR
i tried vinegar yesterday, not as good as car shampoo and a good old scrub. plus i have used AG thingy polish and it worked really well.

jay said:
haven't used the AG polish for a bit due to all the little white bits going everywhere when you wipe off :( will try it tomorrow, would you use fast glass after?

Really work the AG polish in by pc and its a doddle to remove, no dusting!

106 GTi
Jay - nice and thin with a foam pad, and it shouldnt dust. Should be no need to follow up with Fast Glass, a clean MF cloth should be enough.

me too! it hasn't been polished or waxed since mid October!! :eek:

it's been to cold for me ;) really needs doing!

how do you people afford some much cleaning stuff... i thought i spent alot, but it seems a minute amount compared to the list of products u guys have!

Best way I have ever found for cleaning windows is alcohol and plain white kitchen towel.
Mix 70% alcohol with 30% water and spray it on the windows and use the kitchen towel to wipe it off. The water does the cleaning and the alcohol evaporates quickly leaving a smear free finish very easily - it also sterilisesd the windows!!
It works better than Auto Glym, Meguars and Zymol glass cleaners.

Used the AG glass polish today, haven't used it for about a year! :eek: only put a thin layer on the inside windows, worked really well (forgot how good it was). No dust over all the dash after either. I guess the proof is in the pudding, I'll wait for the sun to shine through and see if there's any smear marks ;)

Mk1_MATT said:
how do you people afford some much cleaning stuff... i thought i spent alot, but it seems a minute amount compared to the list of products u guys have!

Buy little and often. But saying that I spent about £250 on products last year in one go, ok there's no need to spend that much but I bought 5/6 different waxes and polish's, wash mitts, brushes and various other things. It's soon adds up! But there's one good thing I have a cupboard in the garage full of cleaning stuff, and I won't have to buy any for a long while ;)