ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clear Side Repeaters

My clear side repeaters have arrived from Demon Tweaks today, and the pack includes two orange bulbs...

Now should I leave them with the current white bulbs and just change to the clear fronts, or should I change to the orange bulbs too ???

Dunno what the accepted standard for this is!!!!

7.6cc :D

You have to put the orange bulbs in as your repeaters have to flash orange, which is why they were provided.

GR7

Shiny red R32

Make sure that you put your orange bulbs in before you snap on the lenses! A while ago someone here forgot to change them and it took a wee while to get the lenses off again!

You might find that you have to snip off some little plastic bits to enable the lenses to fit snugly.

Cheers girls...

I put the orange ones in for exactly the reason Jilly B said above, but just though Id check as I think the white ones look better..

I attacked them with my dremel to get rid of the 4 guide type things and the then just fitted in perfectly. The whole job took less than 10 minutes!

Clio 182, OctaviaVRS

My car passed the MOT fine with Clear Bulbs - dont worry about it, my mates an MOT inspector and he said theres no need for them to be orange, it should be fine!

I want some of these clear indicators for my MKII, can I get these from Demon Tweeks too ? How easy is it to fit them ? Is it easy not to scratch the paint cos to do this on my Corsa was a right bugger !

Fiesta TDCI

got mine from Rtec, £21 (ish) smoked finish, look superb so much better than standard.

Smoked would look good on black, you cant see the orange bulbs either!

Renault Laguna Coupe

The same ones (Demon Tweeks) work on a Mark 2 - I fitted them to mine. DT sent smoked and clear ones - the smoked one looked best (IMO) on Flame Red, and the orange bulbs are hidden as a bonus.

Fiesta TDCI

I can take a picture and email it to you, they are dead easy to fit although you need to saw off a small bit of the plastic inside so that they fit snug, even if you fcuk that up (which would be near on impossible) it wouldnt show because its on the inside of the repeater. The old ones come out really easy, if you compare the 2 you will see the bit of plastic that needs to be removed.

I think this is the case with all/most after market side repeaters, i know the ones from demon tweeks need a bit removing also.

Send me your email address and i will go and take a quick photo.

Great stuff, send it to me at daipac@hotmail.com. Cheers Stokesey !

I am sure they cannot be that hard to fit.

Cheers Stokesey ! Just had a look, very nice indeed, going to have to invest in some of those ! Appreciate that mate !

GR7

Shiny red R32

Forgot to say that mine are smoked which I think looks better against the black.

GR7

Shiny red R32

Paddy I have pics, but dont know how to post them here. What is your e-mail address so that I can send you a pic? Alternatively I could send to someone else who can post pics!