ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clearing up bird **** has left a bit of a mess.

It seems a bired very kindly decided to drop the mother load over the back of my car. It was very stubborn and I appear to have made a small mess getting it off.

It was very hard to get a decent picture. There are a few fine scratches which can just be felt with a fingernail but most of it is just 'dulling'. The car is waxed and I did clean the area and give it a quick polish to see if anything could be done but it's still noticable.

I was planning on getting the car machine polished early next year once all the bad weather has gone however I'm not sure if that'll be able to deal with this.

I've no idea if rubbing compound would be suitable for the job? I'm a total novice when it comes to paint correction as such so don't really want to start wet sanding etc.

img1357y.jpg

img1358e.jpg

Yes I'm a slob rocking out in my PJ's.

Any suggestions would be welcome.

Thanks,

Benny

clio 172
pc will defo get that out mate.theres some good deals on pc kits online.why wait get one for your self and injoy it ,.

I rekon you'd get most of that out with a decent cut polish and some elbow grease if you don't want to get a machine...

I don't really have the time to practise with a machine and don't mind giving it some serious elbow grease if that's what's required.

Could you recommend some decent polishes that would do the job?

JMR

RB 182 Cup
I've done this before by machine and by hand polishing.

I actually gently wet sanded it to begin with. Working from 2000 grit to 3000 grit to remove the scratching that the previous owner had left on the black works van.
Couldnt be arsed in hooking up the machine, so hand polished with Menzerna intensive polish and then a quick buff over with Autoglym Super resin polish got the panel back to showroom condition.:cool:

Wet sanding may be a little far at this point, always best seeing what a polish can do first.

Funily enough no.

This wasn't your standard white bird poo. It was pritty much black/brown and insanely stubborn.

But thanks for your useful contribution.

Not sure why you've reacted like that to his post, fella, because it was my first thoughts as well.

Bird poo contains grit. They eat grit to aid digestion. So the simple fact is you've rubbed grit into your paint work. Not your fault, as you weren't to know. But next time, a hose/pressure washer is the thing to use.

Re the scratches, if you can feel them with your nails you're a bit knackered. As it means you've scratched deeply into the paint top coat. Therefore polishing and even wet sanding will have little to no effect.

Sent from my iPhone using Brown Bear

I'm on the phone so can't see the photos that clearly. But you can correct a lot of that with a decent cut pad.

Go to polished bliss. Type in Lake County light cut hand pad and Menzerna 203s.

These should sort it. Should being emphasised, but the iPhone doesn't do italics.

Sent from my iPhone using Brown Bear

Not sure why you've reacted like that to his post, fella, because it was my first thoughts as well.

It was just standard kitchen paper and water. I know better for next time now.

Thanks for the tips guys. I'll see what I can do with it next weekend if the weathers alright.

Honda & VW
Bird *#?! needs to be lifted off rather than wiped off so like JD said a pressure washer would have been your friend, all the actual muck would/should have come off then you could have simply treated any stains left with a polish.

Will do, most likely this weekend and I'll get some better photo's as it does look alot worse than it is! I'll give a brief review of the products too from a n00b perspective for anyone else looking to do any corrections.