ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Cli0 172s banger and EvilJohns beast 56k

Djw John

Scotland - South
ClioSport Area Rep

Quote: Originally posted by Jonaldinho on 26 July 2005

Nice pics chaps. :D

What shocks/springs you got on again John?
Apex 40 mm springs and gmax shocks. The front still needs some mileage to settle it down at the front a little. Cheers

A well built VW

clio 172 still like those wheels -suit the clio well just arranged for some new wheels for mine hopefully pick up on thursday :D

Eviljohn nice to see you made the effort and washed it - get the splitter back on Looks So ODD!!! without it

VW ....

Quote: Originally posted by badinvincible on 27 July 2005

I wish I got Dare V2s, OZ wheels are a b**ch to wash...

lol .... Dares are common as muck tho

hopefully u wont have yours for much longer

Banana

Nice photos. Very arty-farty with the bridge in the back drop.:D

Personally I think your car looks better without the splitter John.

Quote: Originally posted by cli0 172 on 27 July 2005

Yeah cheers matey.

17s off about an hour ago, 15s back on.

VW ....

Yeah cheers matey.

17s off about an hour ago, 15s back on.

Look forward to seeing the pics :)

Djw John

Scotland - South
ClioSport Area Rep

To answer all the PMs in 1 go;

Lowered 40mm on apex springs and gmax shocks all round. Cant go lower because of speedbumps when visiting my grandma, currently have less than 1cm clearance!

Was last cleaned 4 days and over 100 miles before the pics but I use Auto glym stuff but with halfords shampoo and meguirs water magnet. IMO it still needs a decent polish, been a good few months since it was last done.

Splitter- not hundreds of options about for that phase as far as I can see. Theres the reno official splitter that The Big Yin has. Would really like to know if a ph2 splitter will fit the ph1. I do fancy a laguna splitter for it, an espace one would be funny though!

Tyres- 195/50 on them, Goodyear Eagles F1 GSD3. No clearance issues now that ive cut the inner rear arches away a little, used to use 5 mm spacers which also sorted it. Sooo much better than the 185/55 contis. The eagles are superb, cant see me changing from them, only a fiver more than the budget ones on mytyres.com. New ones coming soon for the front.

Hope that helps

John

A well built VW

Quote: Originally posted by EvilJohn on 27 July 2005

Tyres- 195/50 on them, Goodyear Eagles F1 GSD3. No clearance issues now that ive cut the inner rear arches away a little, used to use 5 mm spacers which also sorted it.
WTF John , ive got no rub at all on mines seems a bit strange as your using standard reno wheels and mines are aftermarket oh well guess that 10mm makes all the difference ;)

Where did you get the ariel from , and whats reception like need to get something smaller than the horsewhip for mine

[Edited by The Big Yin on 28 July 2005 at 12:49am]

VW ....

Quote: Originally posted by The Big Yin on 28 July 2005

Quote: Originally posted by EvilJohn on 27 July 2005

Tyres- 195/50 on them, Goodyear Eagles F1 GSD3. No clearance issues now that ive cut the inner rear arches away a little, used to use 5 mm spacers which also sorted it.
WTF John , ive got no rub at all on mines seems a bit strange as your using standard reno wheels and mines are aftermarket oh well guess that 10mm makes all the difference ;)

In Johns case this is very very true :p

Djw John

Scotland - South
ClioSport Area Rep

Yeah I seem to be the only person on the site to have the rubbing problem!

The aerial is from Halfords-?12.99 i think, reception is barely affected.

And yes,10mm is fookin huge in my book!

KDF

Audi TT Stronic

Quote: Originally posted by cli0 172 on 27 July 2005Quote: Originally posted by badinvincible on 27 July 2005I wish I got Dare V2s, OZ wheels are a b**ch to wash... lol .... Dares are common as muck thohopefully u wont have yours for much longer [/QUOTE]

Ye, cause Super Ls arent right enough ;)

And Mike, stop complaining.. they are piss easy to clean, its just your a lazy bstard.

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS

Quote: Originally posted by KDF on 05 August 2005

Ye, cause Super Ls arent right enough ;)

And Mike, stop complaining.. they are piss easy to clean, its just your a lazy bstard.
2ndd!!!