ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Click Click Click

1.4 Dynamique
Theres are ticking noise coming from the rear drivers side wheel. It stopped doing it after giving it some beans on the motorway but then has started doing it again. I have looked for anything stuck in the wheel but theres nothing there.

Everything looks like it should be as far as I can tell. It sounds like a tick which gets faster as speed increases.

Anyone any ideas?

Cheers

Lol no, depending on if you have disks on the back you need a new brake disk, if not then it's just a bearing you'll need.You can tell which side is knackered if you jack it up and spin the wheel, you should still hear the clicking noise.

1.4 Dynamique
Lol no, depending on if you have disks on the back you need a new brake disk, if not then it's just a bearing you'll need.You can tell which side is knackered if you jack it up and spin the wheel, you should still hear the clicking noise.

lol cheers for that! is it hard to change?

cheers again for the advice!

"Navy" N17 TWO
It could be something simple like a stone stuck in the tyre grooves "clicking" as it hits the tarmac.

I would get under the car and get a look around everything, make sure nothing's catching and spin the wheels (while they are in the air ;)) in both directions to source the noise

1.4 Dynamique
It could be something simple like a stone stuck in the tyre grooves "clicking" as it hits the tarmac.

I would get under the car and get a look around everything, make sure nothing's catching and spin the wheels (while they are in the air ;)) in both directions to source the noise

I'll get the tyre off tomorrow! cheers for the advice, if not I reckon its the bearing, are they hard to change?

"Navy" N17 TWO
You don't need the tyre off lol just spin the wheel and feel the grooves/treads :)

As said - get a garage to do your bearing (usually abuot £15)