ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clicking noise? Window related

Last night i opened and closed both windows with no problems, a few minutes later a repetitive clicking sound started coming from beneath the glove box area, it sounded like a window switch was stuck, so i put the passenger window down and back up with no problem, but the drivers side went down but would not come back up, the clicking stopped and the window still wouldnt come baxk up until the clicking noise came back and i was then able to put window back up. The clicking noise continued for the remaining journey and also happens when the car is unlocked but the engine not running.
Any suggestions

I have actually just registered because this is exactly what is happening with my wifes clio! I have disconnected the drivers switch to stop me pressing the button at parking lots, otherwise I have to drive round until the relay goes nuts again and pulls the window up.

Going out to the car now to see if I can get at this relay, the car is booked in to a Renault dealer for a diagnostic next week but if I can fix it first I will be her hero!

Let us know how u get on. Got in car last night drove to work and it didnt Make a sound all the way there or back this morning, so hopefully its sorted itself, but neadless to say im too scared to open window in case i cant shut it.

Been to look at the car today. Got to where the noise comes from normally and sods law the bloody thing would not do it - Driver side window still would not come up though.
Looks like the sound is coming from the UCH :(

clio mk1 RSI
its the realys under the glovebox mate, this happened to me they work loose cause the fusebox is mounted upside down. If they are all secure and you still get the clicking then the relay is fooked , cheap on Ebay or scrappy.

Reanault Clio 1.4
its the realys under the glovebox mate, this happened to me they work loose cause the fusebox is mounted upside down. If they are all secure and you still get the clicking then the relay is fooked , cheap on Ebay or scrappy.

i had the exact same problem but my car worked ok.. had a clicking noise from under passanger side dash.. tried changing the rely.. didnt stop it.. i took the uch out and opend it its got 5 relays soldered to the board so i thought i be smart and put my multi meter on it and i must of touch somthing wrong cos now my car wont even start. so i guess i blow something on the uch board. anyway i have removed the ecu the uch and i am waiting for a replacement.. what a nightmare.. makes you wonder... every time a rely goes on the uch you have to change the who computer system.. wot a joke... renault should fit the bill for this