ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

climate control convert

clio 172 ph2
i have climate control in my car and i was just wodering if its possible to change it to the analogue controls?
as i dont like the climate control set up

MicKPM

ClioSport Trader
  Clio16v/Zoe Z.E.50
You will need to change the heater box as well as the panel as the twistie type uses steel wires to move bits where the climate uses stepper motors to move them for you.

You will also need to do some wiring as the main electrical earth and CAN signals route via the climate panel. Just leaving it all unplugged will result in a solid red imob LED and no start.

Mick

MicKPM

ClioSport Trader
  Clio16v/Zoe Z.E.50
As above. The panel cannot move the cogs as its merely a control unit. You will need the steppers and to add it to the canbus so it actually works... then you'll need CLIP to configure the network.

Really NOT worth the effort

len_beach

ClioSport Club Member
  E92 M3,172 track car
Mick; if I wanted to run a Cup blower but keep the CC panel, can I just change the engine loom to a Cup with the correct plugs or does the controls, matrix and I interior loom need changing too.

Or is it UCH controlled.

MicKPM

ClioSport Trader
  Clio16v/Zoe Z.E.50
Why would you want to keep the panel? (Genuine question) It won't do anything apart from light up and display a temp/control fan speed. If you were going to the effort of putting in a Cup/manual heater box why not just put in the control panel amd mod the existing loom.

If you wanted it to all work then you could just do a cabin loom swap and then carry out the required network config or you could just tie in the Can H and Can L then add the cabin temp sensor wiring (which is needed by the panel as that is the HVAC controller not the UCH).

len_beach

ClioSport Club Member
  E92 M3,172 track car
Why would you want to keep the panel? (Genuine question) It won't do anything apart from light up and display a temp/control fan speed. If you were going to the effort of putting in a Cup/manual heater box why not just put in the control panel amd mod the existing loom. If you wanted it to all work then you could just do a cabin loom swap and then carry out the required network config or you could just tie in the Can H and Can L then add the cabin temp sensor wiring (which is needed by the panel as that is the HVAC controller not the UCH).
I was thinking it would be the simplest option. I've removed the air on and fitted a Cup blower which I found out doesn't work with the CC loom. I'll be changing the engine loom to a Cup item as I'm removing the ABS.

So to get the Cup blower to work I'd need;
Interior loom
matrix
control panel
CLIP work?

MicKPM

ClioSport Trader
  Clio16v/Zoe Z.E.50
To do it properly yes but there are always ways do do things ;-)

MicKPM

ClioSport Trader
  Clio16v/Zoe Z.E.50
For me in a track car I'd have the motor on a dedicated relay/switch so its either on or off and at the screen... sod direction control as thats weight.