ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Climate Control Fan/Sensor AWOL??

GW 200
Got a cup packed 182 with climate and been having problems with it. Ona cold day no matter what temperature you set it to it comes out hot. But on a warm day it comes out mostly cold, but sometimes hot.

So i thought the sensor in the courtesy light panel was knackered. Opened it up to find this ....

f19af43c.gif

The white connector connects to the courtesy light block and the other one was just loose. I can't seem to find any temperature sensor in the roof cavity no any sign of the fan that is apparently in there.

Does that mean the fan and sensor are missing? Are they two seperate items of is it one unit - sensor and fan together and the lead just plugs into it? Been told the fan should be attached to the back of the courtesy light but theres nothing there.

Any help on this wold be appreciated, thanks :D

BG FF182
Have a similar problem with mine, although it depends what temperature the climate control is set at before the engine is started as to how hot or cold the air is that comes out. Thus half way through my journey I have to stop, set the temperature I want, switch engine off and back on again and hey presto the air temp changes.

Must admt I haven't taken the courtessy light out to see whats up there.

I know I found some threads about tightening something like a cable tie round the gear thats on the motor that changes air temperature which is located in the drivers footwell. didn't help me out, but might be something else to look into.

GW 200
Yeah i heard about that. But i think its pretty useless automatic climate control when it hasn't even got a sensor to check the cabin temperature!

Is there anyone kind enough to take a quick picture of their courtesy light with the sensor/fan thing on so i can see whats missing? :)

RS Clio 182
have you tried taking the full panel off, its just a case of pulling it out, there should be a black plastic tube type thing clicked into the back of the panel, i unplugged mine the other day because its very noisy, but then my heater wouldnt work properly so i had to plug it back in

172, VX220t, Westfield se
There are plastic clips around the inside of the interior light housing (the grey plastic bit in the photo above). Look inside more and you should see them. Carefully prise the clips open and it just pulls away. The sensor with the fan is further forward, mounted in the plastic trim.

I need to buy a new one as its a bit noisy. Annoying though the Renault dealer never phoned me back. They don't seem eager to take money off me as I had the same problem when buying the gearbox mount and the seat cable :dapprove: .

Kirk

172, VX220t, Westfield se
There are plastic clips around the inside of the interior light housing (the grey plastic bit in the photo above). Look inside more and you should see them. Carefully prise the clips open and it just pulls away. The sensor with the fan is further forward, mounted in the plastic trim.

I need to buy a new one as its a bit noisy. Annoying though the Renault dealer never phoned me back. They don't seem eager to take money off me as I had the same problem when buying the gearbox mount and the seat cable :dapprove: .

Kirk

Just to clarify the clips don't open as such, the plastic cover just pulls off, but the plastic clips that fasten it are quite tight, so I prised them apart slightly, so I didn't have to pull on the plastic bit too hard. I've not explained very well, but if you look inside at the clips you should understand how it comes apart. Just take care with them as they seem a tad delicate.

GW 200
Ok will have a look at it. I also may rip the side of the footwell and do the 'tie-rap fix' to the motors cog thing. Thanks for all your help.