ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Climate Control Gremlins

c4pob

ClioSport Club Member
  A terrible one
Hope somebody can help.

I've got a ph.2 172 and the CC is playing up and by playing up I mean it starts ok, blowing hot or cold depending I what is set but on a long journey the fan will continue to make noise but the air will stop coming out of the vents (all of them, no matter which one is selected). It's then taken a step further to the dark side by now intermittently stopping then starting again (making noise but no action). Happened for the first time yesterday.

Any ideas as to cause/solution?

Before you say delete, I like having AC and hate having the window open so this is not an option! 😂

GrahamS

ClioSport Club Member
  335d
With just the ignition on and without the engine running can you hear the position flap moving when you change the vent settings?

See what I mean here

c4pob

ClioSport Club Member
  A terrible one
Thanks @GrahamS I tried this last night and all parts moved ok. Any other ideas as to why air stops coming out and yet the fan still be work, having presses no buttons?! Anybody else got any ideas?

GrahamS

ClioSport Club Member
  335d
I've never come accross this and it's a most odd problem. One of the regulator flaps must be blocking the flow.

Is there any change when you press recirculation on the unit.

c4pob

ClioSport Club Member
  A terrible one
Something is certainly blocking the flow as the fan is still working. I usually have the fan blowing on the windscreen if this helps? When it's happened I've pressed every button to see if it makes a difference but to no avail. I've even turned the car off and back in again (when safe to do so) when driving to see if it re-sets but it doesn't. Yet when next in the car (next day) it works fine again. It's happened when it's really hot, it's happened when really cold but seemingly only after a prolonged period of running time. I have no idea what it could be!