ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Climate control temp sensor missing - wiring it back in

My 182FF with climate has been stripped including all electrics in the roof lining.

Not surprisingly the heater and AC don't work properly. Sometimes I get hot air and other times cold, and the temperature controls don't seem to work.

How difficult would it be to wire a sensor back in?

Not 100% as dont know the state of whats been taken away but youd need all the roof wiring and the simplest way is to use butt connectors to splice the wires. Do you have the tools? For the price you could look at a untampered with loom it would probably be cheaper.

Thanks - makes sense. Is there a simpler way to get the heating controls working again without replacing the loom? Not bothered about AC.

Electrics not my forte tbh.

Thanks - makes sense. Is there a simpler way to get the heating controls working again without replacing the loom? Not bothered about AC.

Electrics not my forte tbh.

The basic spec blower and matrix (as used on 172cup) is a simple setup but again needs either a different loom or splicing and modifying the original. Im sure there is a way you could wire in an on/off switch for the heater but thats out of my skill level im afraid.

I found these loose connectors behind the left side of the dash. Could they be related to the CC wiring?

IMG_0100.JPG

I also found this CC loom on eBay: https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Renaults...542284?hash=item2622610a8c:g:xKsAAOSwZJBdNDwq

Could it be as simple as sourcing the missing wiring and sensor and just re-connecting it all back together? Would anyone have an idiots' guide to how the CC wiring all fits together?

Thats the plug that connects the loom, the white plug is the tweeter.

The ebay listing is for the matrix I think? Also dont spend 15 quid on 3 plugs, someone will sell the whole interior loom for not much more than that, then you can use it for spares, I have a few different looms now all stripped for plugs and wires etc..

Thats the plug that connects the loom, the white plug is the tweeter.
Thanks. I really am a dummy when it comes to electrics. To connect the CC sensor do I need to replace the entire loom, or just a bit of it? Do I simply plug the required section into the green plug pictured, or do I take the dash apart?

Thanks. I really am a dummy when it comes to electrics. To connect the CC sensor do I need to replace the entire loom, or just a bit of it? Do I simply plug the required section into the green plug pictured, or do I take the dash apart?

I think that its just the wiring that goes to the where the interior lights are which plugs into that green plug in your pic. So only a small part of the loom.

@Mbeau Dont suppose you have this part of the loom do you?

Mbeau

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172
I have the complete interior loom from the 182FF I broke recently. I will dig it out tomorrow, it should have all the bits you need on it. Will get some pics for you @plenty

Mbeau

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172
Not convinced I have that bit. Don't remember any wiring being left there though, I may be wrong!

Mbeau

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172
@Mbeau any luck finding wires?

Hi mate. Had a look this evening. The plug for the sensor does not appear to be part of that front loom. All I remember running down the A-pillars is the alarm sensor wiring.

Had a look in the track car. Not sure if the wiring for the climate sensor runs up the rear pillar and across the roof? In which case it would be part of the wiring that plugs into the big white plug near the bonnet pull.

20200401_190058.jpg