ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Climate Control - Too hot?

Amos91

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
Hi guys,

I recently changed my climate control panel as my old one had a scratched AUTO button.

After the change I immediately noticed that the fan was spinning up much higher than before to reach my AUTO 21C temp selection. Also the cabin seems to be getting much hotter than before, it doesn't feel like a comfortable 21C.

I can change between hot and cold fine but it's like there is no inbetween. Setting it to 16C seems to pump out hot air still whilst setting it to MIN makes it cold.

Is it likely this second hand unit is faulty? Or is there something obvious I have missed when switching the unit over?

Sorry for near 7 year bump on this - did you get anywhere on this?

I might be simply used to more modern Climate panels, but I find that with the AC on with Climate i actually only really get cool air on Cold/16, and almost every other temperature setting is warm.

Accept it might be the current weather conditions, but curious if this is just how it is?

Clio_fool

ClioSport Club Member
Can't help, but mine is the same and very annoying. I assume it's to do with the motor drive for the hot/ cold selector which has a known issue you can find the solution to in the guides section.

Can't help, but mine is the same and very annoying. I assume it's to do with the motor drive for the hot/ cold selector which has a known issue you can find the solution to in the guides section.
Can I find that guide ? Nope !

can you link me up please ?

DomP182

ClioSport Club Member
  ph1 172, Arctic182

I found this guide but cant find it now. I searched 'aircon fix' or something similar. It's a small cog in the drivers footwell that needs a cable tie around it to stop it slipping

Clio_fool

ClioSport Club Member

Post 36👍

Clio 172 Ph2
Maybe a silly question here but when did you last regas the AC?

Whenever any of my cars with AC have been blowing out HOT AIR with the AC on regardless of set temperature then usually its just a regas and away to go.

Have you tried using your CLIMATE control and setting the temp to cool without any AC switched on? if the air gets cooler and hotter with NO AC on then its probably just a regas of the AC required.

If its still hot regardless then disregard the above.

Jon