ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Climate Control Weirdness

My climate control is working fine, apart from when turning it off it just carries on but on some random setting.

The display turns off, but it seems to go into windscreen demist mode! After a few minutes with the ignition off its fine.

Anyone any ideas what it could be?

Ta, Andy..

Yeah eventually it just stopped doing anything at all
I got a used resistor pack from Just Renault for £40 and swapped it over - all sorted

Its under the drivers side scuttle panel.

In situ it just has a black connector exposed but when you undo it the lower bit is a long metal heat sink.

I oredred one first then knew what I was looking for, but you can't miss it really. Would recommend a wiper arm puller as mine were on really tight once they are off its just two clips to get the scuttle off.

Black Gold Trophy
Thanks a lot mate, yeah I used a ball joint splitter when I had to get them off to replace the buggered alarm, now it's something else...typical renault eh? lol!

So what is the part actually called? You wouldn't happen to have the part number would you matey?

No idea on part number - I heard they were 130 quid from Renault so got one used instead. I called Just Renault and they knew what I wanted, came next day. I think its just called a heater resistor pack or rheostat.

"Navy" N17 TWO
Just had my climate control panel swapped & returned back after LED conversion.
The spare panel & the original one are working normally ok apart from...

1. When you hit the windscreen demister, it doesn't put the fans on full now
2. When you hit the Auto button, no matter what the temperature is or what the panel is doing, it turns the fans to 2 bars and doesn't change

Both of the panels are doing exact same thing so makes me think there's a problem with something else in the car, but what? :S

"Navy" N17 TWO
I unplugged mine today and checked the connections thinking something was in wrong but they can only go one way.
Tested it after gettting it connected again (with ignition off) and it was working fine.

Later on today it started playing up again :mad:
If I disconnect the battery for a while will it help anything, or do I need the resistor pack that causes some problems with the climate control?

Cheers
Trev