ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Climate control

Golf GTD Mk7
Turned the climate control on yesterday and its started sounding very load when on full blast compared to normal. Anyone else had this problem. It sounds like the motor is struggling. Any ideas?

M235i / 172
Mines noisey when ive got it set just to the feet, and on 3 or more 'bars'. Its only because its closed off the vents upto the window.

Golf GTD Mk7
I have tried it on a few variations of flow direction and the noise is always present. Its only at high power flow though.Sounds like its coming from infront of the steering wheel.

H&R + Pole Position'd Cup
Resistor under the scuttle panel. You'll need a new one but theyre like £50 from Reno iirc

Golf GTD Mk7
There is nothing wrong with the temperature control, or directional flow/speed. Its just the motor sounds like its struggling. Which part of the resistor pack would this be?

H&R + Pole Position'd Cup
I misunderstood what you said. Thought you meant it was noisy and only blowing full blast.

Sorry, £50+ vat or something @ trade ;)

Clio RN & Honda blade
Mines got the same noise, from the speedo area...

It's noticable after 3 bars, on the upper blowers and the feet blowers, but when the heatings on the windscreen it goes away!

is this the resistor pack too?