ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio 1.1 Low MPG!

Renault Clio Extreme
Hi guys new to the forum

Bought my first car, Clio 2008 1.1 Extreme in March, had full service history and passed MOT's all fine. But the petrol consumption is disgusting!!! The online computer says i get 25.6 mpg, I presumed this may just be a fault with the computer so I done it manually and got a similiar number. I have no idea what to do, petrol is getting expensiver!!! Could it be something like the sparkplugs or oil change...the car has only done 47,000 miles

Thanks guys in advance!!:rasp:

Renault Clio Extreme
For the roads I drive I don't really have the opportunity to go past third gear, its just 25 mpg is so low for the size of the engine, I keep the tyres pumped up regularly too!

Clio 182 Cup
I average 36mpg in my 04 1.2 Clio with an upgraded exhaust and k+n filter (dont know if they make a difference). Usually use 4th gear for 30mph. Any improvements?

More than likely your driving style that's causing it.

I would be inclined to give it a good service too though, spark plugs, oil and filter change, air and fuel filter and maybe even a lambda sensor.

Superleggera'd MK3
Ive got the 2008 1.2 TCE and atm i get about 36mpg.....but as i live in the deep country side i have to rag it a little to get to work in time in the morning....but i know if i was to drive more conservatively i could get far better....which makes your 25.6 horrendous. At what RPM do you usually change gear when you have an open road in front of you?

Superleggera'd MK3
Well maybe I over exageratted with have to lol i just find that to beat the traffic without getting up much earlier i use the empty long country roads to make up some time, hence the less than brilliant mpg.

1.2 16v
My 1.2 extreme gets fairly ragged to get up to speed, only do short journeys (6mile each way to work) and I'm sat on about 36... So you must be hammering it, I've never seen lower than 34.

Renault Clio Extreme
Never exceed 5,000. Just ordered a K&N Air filter to see if it will make a difference, checked the dipstick for oil and its a tad over the maximum, could this be something to do with it?

Thanks guys