ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

clio 1.2-1.8

V6 engined Mk3 Astravan
i have a clio mk1 1.2, but am looking into putting a bigger engine in it, something smaller than a 2.0 but bigger than a 1.4 (to make it worthwhile) what i want to know is, first is it worth it assuming i can get an engine at a good price? and secondly what else would i need to upgrade? ie gearbox ect, any help would be great, thanks
Jonny

Evo4, MITO, 172 TTV6
Im just about to put a 1.8 16v engine in my 1.2 (Feb is getting closer :) Yay) anyway,

• Gearbox
  • ECU
  • Wiring Loom
  • Driveshafts
  • Brakes
  • Suspension
  • Im getting an uprated fuel pump too

Im prob missing something but people will say you need bonnet, wider track etc etc but they are not needed but would be good if you know what I mean

Looking for a ph-quick...
hi guys
im swapping my 1.4 for a valver this weekend!
i have bought and entire engine on the subframe with the hubs, brakes suspension, preety much everthing!
althought the wiring loom has been cut i have had to source a new one! which wasnt a problem cus there are loads breaking everywere!
but.........the wiring loom must be unplugged at the main harness under the dash board! which was a bit of a mission, but there are more relays on the valver so u need them!
i will let ui know how i get on this weekend so i can feedback any problems i have. u will need the bonnet as it gets pretty hot under there! plus if u want the notourious fab handling of the valver u wiull need the wide track

hope this helps
cheers
AmirSoonToBe16vClio

Valver track isn't any wider than an RT.

Easy to put a 16v in though - just need engine/loom/ECU/gearbox/upper engine mount/driveshafts/radiator and fan/throttle cable/fuel pump - plug and play beyond that.

Mine 1.2 is going 2ltr 16v very soon...