ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio 1.2 16v dynamique 04 plate oil caused clutch to fail

Clio mk2 1.2 petrol
Hi everyone , looking for some help please . My gf has a clio 1.2. 16v 04 dynamique car . The clutch has failed due to oil leaking on it . I replaced the clutch 4 years back tho it was the clutch guide tube that wore out and I had to open up the gearbox to fix it . So here’s my problem the oil seems to be coming from the top of the engine about the rocker cover , could the oil breather I. The throttle body cause this ? I’m going to replace with a l u k clutch kit 3 piece are these a good clutch ???? . In short I need to sort this leak before I fit a clutch I’m thinking it could be 1 a blocked breather from throttle body. 2 crankshaft seal behind the flywheel 3 a gearbox seal coming into bellhousing 4 a rocker cover gasket . Any help would be great the car has 107000 miles on it

botfch

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 182
Rocker cover probably needs resealing, at that mileage probably due a valve adjustment whilst your at it too.