ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio 1.2 16v misfire

rik220

ClioSport Club Member
Hi all,

My 2009 1.2 16v Clio was running fine. I then checked and adjusted the valve clearances to 0.10mm inlet and 0.20 exhaust.

First start up after this it was misfiring at idle. No fault codes. Engine will stall if held on slight throttle. Revs initially lift, dip and then stalls.
Engine seems to run better when warm.

I rechecked valve clearances and they are fine. Followed the workshop manual for checking/adjusting these and refitting inlet manifold etc. Fitted new spark plugs also. Replaced precat lambda sensor as well. I don’t want to be firing the parts cannon at it.

I’m thinking plug leads possibly? I don’t think they had ever been touched. When it’s running if I disconnect plug lead 4 off the coil pack the engine stutters and then runs smoother. Reason I checked lead 4 is because it was the toughest lead to remove from the clips on the inlet manifold when I was doing the clearances.

Added a video of it to YouTube

Any ideas?

Thanks,
Rick

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Renault Clio Mk3 1.2
I've been having the exact same problem with mine for 2 months now. The computer says cylinder 3 is misfiring. It is okay to drive, but it keeps completely losing all of the engine oil, it's got a rough idle and is not performing well.
It had a service, and then we've changed the coil pack, fuel injectors, and taken it apart and given it a good clean and it's still the same. I'm having a compression test done on Friday, will let you know what they say. Mine also needs the timing belt changed but there's no point if there's a bigger problem.

rik220

ClioSport Club Member
My issue was valve clearances set too tight. I’d set them for the non grooved cam. I found the correct clearances for the grooved cam d4f and it’s been running fine since.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk